Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 01:32 AM

Default Part 10 continued

Jimmy was so excited, he had never swam in a university pool. The idea of getting to swim in the same pool Greg had just swam in was totally cool in Jimmy’s mind. “You think I can?” Jimmy asked.

“Let’s go ask coach,” Greg said. “Come with me. I can lend you one of my swimsuits.”

“Got mine on already,” Jimmy said sheepishly, pulling the side of his shorts down slightly to reveal it to Greg. For some reason, Jimmy felt weird about having worn a swimsuit under his shorts.

“Too funny,” Greg replied. “Guess you are ready to swim.” Jimmy was warmed by Greg’s acceptance.

“I wore it for good luck for you,” Jimmy added with a smile. Greg wrapped his arm around his adopted brother. Greg was touched by Jimmy’s act.

Jimmy was only allowed to swim for a few laps, coach really wanted Greg to get to dinner and get back to the dorm and get some sleep. Jimmy was fine with even one lap, just the chance to swim in that pool, Greg’s pool. After a quick shower for Jimmy, the two guys stood at the edge of lane two.

“Okay, get one the block,” Greg said. “Four laps of free, flip turns and all, and I want you to launch like it is a real race. I’ll do the calls.”

Jimmy mounted the starting block, he looked as much a real swimmer as the guys in the meet. His red and white print swimsuit clinging to him from the wetness of the shower. He was actually nervous. He readied his position. Greg made a few adjustments in his stance. “Just perfecting your stance,” Greg said as he did it. “Step forward a bit, right to the edge of the block,” Greg asked.

“Like this?” Jimmy asked.

“Perfect,” Greg replied. Monique watched as the older Greg fussed over the younger Jimmy, who she did think looked stunning in his Speedo suit. Jimmy’s physique really had matured as a result of all his swimming. He was far from the skinny kid in blue Kmart swim shorts. Monique was not the only one watching. The coach was also standing back, observing, along with the coach from South Carolina (USA).

“Swimmers mark” Called Greg. He followed the next command a few seconds later and watched as Jimmy’s focus became intense. “Go!” came the last command. Monique secretly snapped cell phone pictures of the whole thing. She’d share them with the boys later.

Jimmy was off, it was by no means a picture perfect launch, but it was a good one for Jimmy. “Go Jimmy!” yelled Greg. It was a role reversal from just a few hours earlier. He watched as Jimmy made his way down the pool, a good flip turn and back up, Jimmy’s first lap was in just under 45 seconds. His second and third were the same, and his fourth was actually faster as he pushed the last twenty five, cutting almost two seconds off. Jimmy stood at the wall.

“That was fantastic,” Greg said. “You swam really well!”

“This is so cool,” Jimmy replied.

“Okay warm down lap, slow.” Greg directed.

In the locker room, changing out of the wet swimsuit into the dry one Greg tossed him, Jimmy was really pumped up. It had been such a cool treat to swim in the university pool. Jimmy gave Greg a big hug. “Thanks, Greg!” Jimmy said several times. For both guys, it was the end of a perfect swimming day.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Default Part 10

STS,

Another great chapter. Greg's team won the medley relay. Greg was able to give his team the lead after his leg enabling the anchor to win the race for them. After the meet finished for the day Jimmy got the opportunity to swim a few laps in the Boston University pool. Greg made it feel like Jimmy was in a actual race. Greg showed Jimmy the correct stance on the starting block. Unbeknownst to Greg his coach and the University of South Carolina swim coach were watching he and Jimmy. Maybe Greg will become a proud Gamecock swimmer.

As a aside South Carolina has a good division 1 swim program. They hold their own against the powerhouses like Florida and Auburn.

Last edited by shaulis : 08-12-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 PM

Smile Part 10

STS,

What I like best about this chapter is the complete unselfishness of Greg when it comes to Jimmy. He has just swim a tough race that his team won, but rather than continue celebrating with his team, he searches out his family, Monique, and Jimmy. Obviously he gives Monique the biggest hug and kiss, but then focuses his attention on Jimmy and arranges for him to swim a few laps in a college pool, a first for Jimmy. Greg is portrayed so well by you as a solid, strong guy who has good values and unselfishly takes on the role of big brother to Jimmy, a kid who values hard work, but has very little life experience. You bring this out stronger in each chapter as the story continues to develop. Such good writing. Thanks for continuing on.

D67
Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 AM

Default Shaulis

USC (the east coast one) is an awesome team. They never recruited me when I was a young swimmer, but I always wanted them to. They would have been my number one choice, I think... but that phone never rang...lol. Got to swim against them a few times in non conference meets. I loved the name "Gamecocks" and thought they had the coolest team swimsuits back then. They were really good back then. Agree on FL and Auburn, too. Great teams, elite D1. Glad you like the story. Maybe we will see where Greg ends up.....

Ryan
Old 08-12-2014, 05:29 AM

Default Sts

I'm glad you took the time to comment. Everybody knows that the East Coast USC has a great football program but hardly anyone knows they have great swim programs too.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 PM

Question Gamecock swimmer

Shaulis,

What is a Gamecock swimmer?

D67
Old 08-12-2014, 09:04 PM

U of SC team name is the gamecocks. Such a unique name.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Dooley67(Mark),

STS is correct a Gamecock is the University of South Carolina team mascot.

Shaulis(Brian)
Old 08-12-2014, 11:30 PM

Talking

Thanks guys. A very "creative" name for a team I think.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:34 PM

Not as weird as the TCU Horned frogs (or toads)
How about the Fighting pickles at the NC school for the arts
http://www.oddee.com/item_96800.aspx