Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 06:23 AM

I still Love the original suit. What a good looking chap btw. Im too lazy to have that physique.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Be reasonable guys!

I am an avid lap swimmer at the Y and swim in speedos most of the time. This morning I wore a red Caussie which is Nylon. I walk through 2 locker rooms, showers and two pool areas before I get in the water. The suit has 2" sides but I will get a 3 next time. As the red is semi transparent-mostly where it hugs the butt cheeks I won't get another red. I wear speedos but I'm not hung up with all these concerns that appear on the site time after time. In the first place you have to be comfortable yourself in your suit let alone what others might feel. I also make it a point to talk with people while wearing speedos out of the pool. It just seems to be a place where you can appropriatly wear them without threatening them or making them uncomfortable-you are there to swim and so is every body else. I really feel that my example has caused many to also try them out!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 AM

Default Well put....

(I must just say cossie on behalf of all Aussies)
(or swimmers or bathers of course)
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 AM

Default Spelling

Byron: Did I spell it wrong-it is written in script on the front of the suit. The tab says made in Australia and also mentions the possibility of being transparent. I do have a HOM which is white but not so revealing as one would think!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:44 AM

Smile Oz slang

LOL - that got me going and I first of all have to correct myself with coZZie for swimsuits in Oz . Caussie is nowhere defined but I suspect a little wordplay is being tried by AB's Marketing Dept. so that the new word might become iconic for the brand, as with speedo over the years . Also an emphasis on "Made in Australia" is important - Speedos are not any more and we know only too well how competitive Chinese brands are also entering the market in abundance.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 AM

Red face Oh dear !

Forget all I said Dorcas. I have never heard of them but Louis reminds me that Caussie exists as a separate Australian brand in nylon suits ,with a different logo - and are based in Brookvale (northern suburb of Sydney).
As penance I must at least give the link for anyone interested: http://www.caussie.com.au
Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 PM

The linked swimsuit reminds me of the nylon suits from high school but less on the sides. Also reminds me of the 100% Morona(sp) bikini underwear Target used to sell.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Default Nylon!

Byron: The nylon suits are great =light weight and very fast drying as opposed to some. This is also true of short short boxer trunks. When I wear the trunks I use a jock or thong. I do not wear briefs for work or hanging out especially if I'm in rough sailing weather on a hot day. I have to have pockets for tools and on the docks too. I find that briefs chafe the groin area in hot weather so I wear loose fitting boxers to keep my junk cool. I will at times for a motorcycle run wear briefs under shorts so I can take a swim in a pond etc. while en route on a hot day. I just remount and run with the suit until it dries which doesnt take long- pull off and continue on commando. Just spread your legs and let in the breeze
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Default al fresco

Wow - the swimming/biking/drying/commando sequence brings back youthful memories - though in my case I had the pedalling kind of bike , so not quite the same exhiliration I guess (not to mention so few suitable (pun intended) days available in the summer in our climate).
Speaking of which I am curious about bikers and their gear when riding in a hot-weather state like CA. From what little I have seen from movies they would likely get very warm and uncomfortable if fully leathered-up - or does speed alone provide the required ventilation?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 PM

Default Calfornia Cruising!

Byron: California is a big long state-a big range of temps. Leathers protect the body-even from the heat of the bike engine-great to put on chaps bareass and ride the seat over a towel, For leather guys just put the gear over your upper body with no other clothes. The most comfortable suit all round for me is a Gazell-100% cotton-not made any more damit. I also had some onion skins from IM but were stolen out of my locker and I later saw a guy working out wearing them! Did'nt quite dare to say anything in the busy gym besides he looked great in them. John from VT