Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2014, 07:45 PM

Default Flaunt

As long as pride parades show guys flaunting their bodies in speedos you are going to have many equate speedos with gay. I find these displays disguting and in your face-don't know what they are trying to prove-I swim laps in speedos all the time and that's what they are for-not strutting and pawing each other in a parade.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas3
As long as pride parades show guys flaunting their bodies in speedos you are going to have many equate speedos with gay. I find these displays disguting and in your face-don't know what they are trying to prove-I swim laps in speedos all the time and that's what they are for-not strutting and pawing each other in a parade.

I fully agree Dorcas3. And very well put, short and to the point.

D67
Old 08-14-2014, 08:28 PM

Default the parades

Yes, I have long felt that the shock tactics employed have a great and undesirable rebound effect but they continue in some annual pride parades. Maybe the attitude is "we have nothing to lose if we are sneered at so often already " but the spectacle is reminiscent of the medieval freak shows which would attract crowds for some diverting amusement (entirely the wrong level at which to secure better public tolerance of course).
Maybe I am pessimistic but I fear that the gay-only perception of speedos is going to take a very long time to eradicate.

Last edited by Byron : 08-14-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim suit eddie
I have been to swim clubs, where most guys wear baggy swim suits, like the board shorts. They say that they would rather wear speedo style swim briefs. Sadly many parents,families wont the younger guys wear snug speedo briefs, as they are considered being a gay male style. I wear speedos most of the time when swimming at my health club, but put shorts over them at family oriented swimming facilities. Many times, being with families I'll wear board shorts, to calm their homophobia. I'll wear my speedo swim briefs a lot during the summer months as underwear too. i really like wearing them. It's too bad, that so many American families with growing young and teenage boys put them in such an awkward situation as to their sexuality. The young women and many girls wear bikini swim suits that show so much of them, looking like young girl's underwear. If a girl or young woman wears a one piece bright colored swim suit, they too old fashioned or prudish, not showing enough of their bodies. When I lived in Europe, especially in France and Italy, men of all ages wore speedo swim suits and some women and girls, wore very pretty one piece swim suits at times. What men and women wore on or to the beaches in these countries, is not an issue for them. I felt great wearing my favorite speedo briefs at the beaches or swim clubs there. I'm a bit older now, yet still in good shape. I go swimming, as often as I can and still fit in speedo swim briefs wearing them often during the warm summer months.
Eddie, is funny and freak that in recent years as menswear begging to be large and baggy but the womenswear begging to be shorted. Talking to very young people (under 25 years) many of them they think that this was always like now, and them they consider “the rule” o “The normal” is for a guy cover all the male body (more than the women) also they think “be a guy covered” (more covered than a girl) always was the rule..... a lot of guy think take off the t-shirt in a hit day at the streets is gay......
Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYvZnR2_xak
zungaboy video
Old 08-15-2014, 12:45 AM

Default Zungaboys video

LOL - whatever happened to the lighting?
Rather better quality one from the same videographer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgnr...nksgkDYA_9qFNg

Last edited by Byron : 08-15-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas3
I don't understand the reasoning that just because you have seen men wearing speedos in a Gay Parade means they are an extraordinary and exclusive symbol of the "Gay Scene" and men in main stream society should reject them as a form of fetish wear.

Like the Str8 scene, the gay scene is also loaded with eroticism and very body centric. Accordingly, it embraces many ordinary everyday "symbols" such as wearing jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, leather, body building, salacious dancing and poses, and just about anything else that seems like a turn on.

So if you selectively pick out any particular form of behavior (such as wearing speedos) as being a symbol of the "Gay Agenda" and don't want to associate yourself with it, then I'd say you're a bit homophobic.

Just to be curious, when you saw guys wearing speedos in the gay parade, how did you come to view it in the first place? Did you attend the parade in person or just watch it on the news?

Last edited by California Dolphin : 08-15-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:26 AM

I agree with you California Dolphin. I still don't understand how wearing a Speedo brief makes someone gay .
Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
Thank you LC for quoting the quote correctly

Byron, thanks for noticing.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM

Talking another ad infinitum...

LOL - thank you for your thanks for noticing
(FIN)