Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
I just came across this thread and am bringing it into 2015. I have always loved the look of a speedo type suit since I began wearing them in my teen years, over 50 years ago. Since I started swimming seriously last June, with support and encouragement from some of the guys on this board, I worked up the courage to buy and wear very low cut suits (Turbos, Sportis, Nikes) and I like that look much better than high cut on the leg which I think looks a little dorky. So I unquestionably like the low cut look better.

D67
Awesome choice! The Turbo and Sporti and Nike are excellent. When the one inch solar speedo came out a few years ago, got one and it was also very good.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReservedEnthusiast
I just came across this thread and am bringing it into 2016!

Definitely low-cut waist. When they are high-cut thighs, I think they look like the poor guy's got a wedgie or yanked his suit on way too far up. Case-in-point: David Hasselhoff, formerly considered a massive stud looking TERRIBLE (in my opinion) in his speedos here:

And a few arguments in favor of low-rise waists:

Yes, the low cut in these photos are better looking.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Speedo Member

Default Low for me!

I only ever wear low cut stye. Not like the Japanese that have no room for my package, but low like Desmiit or Neptune Sceptre. My pubes are trimmed and I wear ones that sit just atop my shaft, thereby exposing the bush. Must be trimmed therefore. I don't like butt crack showing though
Old 01-30-2017, 03:24 AM

Default Tend to agree

I do prefer lower cut suits myself. But, I tend to agree that tight lycra blend briefs are not comfortable nor do they look very flattering -my opinion. I favor small briefs (but correctly sized) that have 2" sides -speedo endurance (European) or Caussie (Australian). I recently purchased a 2" nylon-lycra blend low cut suit and reconfirmed this is not for me. Classic Aussiebums are comfortable but I find them to be a bit too baggy in the front -quite the opposite of the lycra blends.

Regarding lycra, I grew up in the 70s and I believe it contributed to the eventual downfall of mens swim briefs. I personally think the blends look great on women (it probably contributed to the explosion in bikinis); but, not so much for men as the material does conform to every detail and is particularly pronounced with lighter colored suits. I personally don't find this offensive -guys are guys....but I am definitely more self conscious in a lycra suit. I prefer 100% nylon because it feels great -very comfortable.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
I do prefer lower cut suits myself. But, I tend to agree that probably contributed to the explosion in bikinis); but, not so much for men as the material does conform to every detail and is particularly pronounced with lighter colored suits. -guys are guys....but I am definitely more self conscious in a lycra suit. I prefer 100% nylon because it feels great -very comfortable.
Well strated
Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 PM

Definitely low cut. It doesn't have to be as low as the Japanese style suits (although I do think those are hot...but you gotta have the body for it, which I don't).

I just go with the traditional speedo-type swim briefs.

Here's some pix taken last month.

_
Old 02-14-2017, 04:46 AM
Speedo Member

Default Low on hips

I only ever wear low on hips designs. When guys pull their swimwear high, or the cut is really high, in my opinion they don't look nice at all. I like mine to go straight across my hips from just above the shaft, with the waistband either sitting on the pubic hair or at the top of my shaft. Not rude though. I like my V line showing as much as possible. I don't have a six pack, or a huge cock, but I do have a good V line. I lay my cock to the side, generally to the right; as it isnt as comfy to the left. I don't however like the Japanese suits, as they show too much of my butt crack. I like the waistband to sit just at the top of my butt crack, so that it only shows crack when I lean over or sit on the sand.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:55 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenkboy
Yes, the low cut in these photos are better looking.

Tom Daley wears his nice and low! He seems to have large balls and still is able to wear them so low. Very nice indeed.