Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Default Swimsuits I have owned

When I was in grade school many guys wore the 100% nylon brief suits like Speedo; Ocean Speed and Ocean Champion were the favorites at that time. Lycra wasn't readily available back then. I always wore the Ocean Champion to the beach, it was white and blue vertical stripes and the white parts were a bit translucent when the suit was wet, even though it had a full, front and back liner. I usually wore a jock strap under the suit so my parts couldn't be seen by the girls. Later, in high school I discovered the Speedo nylon suits with much more narrow sides and these became my new favorites for the beach and school swimming pool. Then, strangely, styles changed and most of the guys, including my friends switched to longer, baggie shorts. I tried these, but just couldn't figure out why anyone would like them for swimming. They were uncomfortable, awkward in the water and stayed wet for hours. I never made the switch and kept on wearing the Speedo suits with about 3" sides. Occasionally, someone would make a comment about my "old style" swimsuit and there was even a rare reference to my being "Gay". I really didn't give a damn and continued wearing my Speedo type suits everywhere. Then came lyrca, at first I loved the way they fit and because they stretched I wouldn't outgrow them. The patterns changed, no longer was I limited to a solid color front and back with white sides. I developed a fondness for suits with at least 4 different bright colors. Now I am about the same size as I was while in college and I'm soooo glad I held onto my 100% nylon Speedos, I think they fit better and feel a lot better than any lycra suit I ever had. Living in Mexico, where the sun is pretty intense, I find that I get a pretty decent tan right through these nylon suits (the fabric is sooooo thin). When I am able to be nude on the beach I will do so, but that's becoming more and more difficult, so a suit I can tan through is a big pluss. I have a couple of Aussiebum nylon suits I like a lot, these are extremely translucent when wet, especially the ones with white stripes or solid light blue (ice blue?), but I don't mind at all when I come out of the water and my parts can be seen by anyone close. I tried one of the AB wonderjock suits and I do wear it once in a while, but it's not comfortable for a whole day at the beach. My present preference is for a suit with 1" to 1 1/2" sides, but suits like this are super hard to find in nylon, spandex being the most available. Not as many guys wear brief type suits in Mexico any more, but no one ever makes any bad comments and usually no one even looks twice at a guy wearing a bikini or even a thong (yes, I do wear a thong on the beach once in a while).
Old 10-23-2014, 07:05 PM

My experience is the same. The lycra suits, especially if they are not VERY tight do allow a lot of "Floppiness" and movement. This makes them quite a bit more revealing than the pre-lycra nylon suits. I always had nylon suits that were pretty tight and nothing would move at all, even though the material is super thin. I like the patterns that are available with the lycra suits but still prefer the fit and feel of the 100% nylon Speedo suits that I never got rid of and still fit me .
Old 10-23-2014, 07:23 PM

I disagree on the nylon suit being less revealing. If the suit was the proper fit and left room for "the boys" the thin nylon fabric molded to you package when wet and showed your religion when dry. The more worn they were the more they moved with the body. The lycra has a tendency to smash everything flat. Pics of the Aussiebum guys in the 100% nylon suits is a great example of how sexie nylon is. The other thing is the longevity of nylon. I have suits that are 30+ years old that are as good as the day they were new. Before the lycra plague the patterns of the nylon were as varied as the lycra is now, if not more so.