Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Speedo Member

completely smooth from the neck down ever since I started growing body hair; the face gets shaved once a week. not for any aesthetic reason, but to keep my skin from freaking out. This often comes into conflict with the fact that I like my guys hairy and bear-y.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:40 PM

I do "manscape" for a few reasons. (1) Sunscreen is really difficult to apply if the hair is too long. It end up covering one spot too well and leaves the rest of the skin exposed. (2) I hate it when hairs catch in and get pulled by your clothes, especially socks if you have some hair on the top of your foot. And (3) I feel way too hairy when I let the hair grow. I trim everything - leg, chest, arm, pubes, the lot - down to a #3 length on my trimmer every couple weeks or so. Plus, I hate the way your pubes sometimes poke through the fabric of your speedo. It looks odd and messy to me. Speedos are very clean and simple garments so I don't like my body hair ruining it in that way.

I don't know if I'd ever shave completely since I have no need to. Lap times don't matter THAT much to me as a casual swimmer!
Old 05-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Speedo Member

I shave my upper arms and what little hair grows on my back, which honestly I'd probably do even if I didn't intend to be seen shirtless. But otherwise no, as a "bear" wearing a speedo while sporting a full chest of hair and hairy legs is my whole thing!
Old 05-07-2016, 10:47 PM

Default Manscaping

I shave on a daily basis. As both a swimmer and cycler, I have had to deal with heat rashes. Having tried creams and powders, I realized that it's just much easier to get rid of the hair ... COMPLETELY!! On my swim team (Masters), a number of us are totally shaved and several are well-trimmed. I'm not that hairy, but I do shave both arm pits and chest, too. Love the feeling of a smooth body!!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Speedo Member

I have shaved in the past, got tired of cutting myself and the ingrown hairs/razor burn. Now i just trim pubic region, armpits and chest with a set of a hair clippers. I have considered getting a full body wax just to see if I would prefer that. I think my body hair used to bother me, now it is just sorta there and I learn to live with it.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

I am a pretty hairy guy, and, overall, I like my hair -- and so does my wife.

During the cold winter months, I go full-on hairy monster.

When it is not winter, I only do minimal manscaping:
  • Trim the pubes to match the density and length of the rest of my body hair.
  • Shave the shaft.
  • Shave the sack.

I do wish I could laser off my back hair, though. My wife is not too fond of it, and neither are her lady friends. So, I am very self-conscious of it. It is one of the reasons I wear a rashguard for swimming.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:56 PM

I need to shave the legs and arms for many of the reasons you guys have stated. Is there any hair removal creams that would work that you feel are reasonably safe for application on, say a weekly basis?

Otherwise I have the pubic area clean as hair hanging over the bikini top is just not cool..