Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
It certainly does with that body.

Afewgoodmen could have a look at a red TYR on a diver in the last post on the Broken Drawstring thread. Arrest-me is an alternative - though not cheap, a nice little low-cut red number from Oz (although I have no experience of the Marcuse brand): http://www.marcuse.com.au/swimwear/arrest-me-red.html

Thank you Byron for looking into this!
I've always wanted a red suit like that. I was looking at the sideseam thread pattern on the surfer boy and it looks very similar to the Arrestme brand. It looks similar to the TYR brand as well. I think the Arrestme sideseam measurement seems a bit less than the TYR suit. What you think?

Where would I go to buy a TYR suit? Any good website?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:01 AM

Default big question

The trouble is we are trying to ID a red bikini style where there is no upright pic and no brand logo to see.
Such a common suit could be on sale from hundreds of outlets around the world.
For style cachet I would go for the briefer Marcuse over the TYR . I will rely on others to recommend a supplier but there are many selling TYR suits and simply searching TYR men's swim briefs on Google will produce some answers to browse (Arena is worth looking for too).
Side seam depths are a frequent omission in some websites and a question on "contact us" is advisable to ascertain details and to avoid disappointment from an ill judged/presented image if a particular suit looks to be just what you want to order.

For example I recently spotted a red "Speedo Lifeguard Bikini Performance" suit and it was the text which then pulled me up short as it is not a speedo but a bottom intended for the lifeguard girls.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 AM

I own some "gal" speedo bottoms as almost none of the local stores carry good cuts. It is all the generic 4" us speedo which makes me look bad and fits weird...

They fit much better than the male alternatives. Since then I have discovered ebay, a store with Solars and more unique cuts, and west Hollywood shops
Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 PM

Default better fit

You may be interested in Bikini Bottoms thread
(from notmyj 05-05-2012)
Old 10-15-2013, 04:53 PM

A 2" European classic racing style looks and feels so much better than the more modest American styles, if you have the figure then go for it, so no need to wear women's bikinis unless that is your particular fetish.
Less than 2" also looks and feels great but are perhaps not for use in conservative public pools and beaches where you may be considered to be trying too hard or to be be too gay. Best to always carry more than one suit so you can decide what to wear once you arrive and have seen what's going.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 PM

This is a Tyr made for the European market. About right, sides wise?
cc1a.jpg
Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Default two inches?

A bit of a guess there but a surprise from TYR as I thought they were usually a little conservative.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 PM

It seems to me that the surfer is wearing more like 1.5" side seam. I can tell because I have a few measuring that length.

You are correct about the TYR in the poka-dot pic, it seem like a 2-2.5"

However the swimmer in the previous pic does seem to have a 1.5" side seam. That you said was also TYR. i was hoping to find that particular speedo on some website but have had no luck thus far.

But I am definetely in love with the ArrestMe, just don't love the price.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:04 AM

Default what brand speedo?

Any idea what brand this speedo is? There seems to be some type of logo on the divers left front side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized.jpg (42.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 AM

Default clarification

My goodness Joe - there is a joke expression "confusion reigned and they all got wet"!

1. I would agree that the yummy Guard as first shown on the bodyboard with the white shirt and red suit is likely to have a 1.5" sideseam. I made no assessment of the speedo manufacturer however and I have already said this is a common product with no visible clues and an unhelpful photo in that particular prone position.

2. I only said TYR for the diver in red making an adjustment in the broken drawstring thread because that is what it is and was intended to give you an idea of appearance and what might be available (amongst many other briefs) for your purchase - although in that particular pic the diver is likely to be wearing more that 1.5" on his suit's sideseam I would guess.
There was no recommendation for TYR (nor any other as better suggestions might come about from the experience of other members) - although I did like the style of the Marcuse, even at greater cost, which happened to show up when searching red brief speedos.

Btw, Sebbie submitted a TYR chequered design - not polka dot.