Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Swim Team Parents,
Our annual swimsuit try-on and buy session is Friday May 1st, from 5:30 – 8:00 PM, at the Hiddenbrook clubhouse. We are working with Aardvark Swim & Sport of Chantilly again this year. For the girls’ suits, we will have the same Speedo Splatter Splash as last year. The boys’ suits are also the same as last year, the Speedo Quantum Splice (a black jammer with a blue stripe) with our logo stamped on the hip. The girls’ suits are $54.38, the boys’ jammers are $37.21. There is also a brief available for the boys, at $31.48 (yes, they’re making a comeback). See the Team Wear page for more details.

http://hiddenbrookswimteam.com/news-events/
Old 06-26-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Equipment
Families can order equipment through the Swim Outlet SCRA team store. This can be found on the team website. All suits, caps, and goggles worn must be designed for competitive swimming. Caps must be worn by those with longer hair. Suits - boys wear a Brief/Speedo, girls wear a 1 piece suit. Suits worn should be plain black, or red & black. PASA Caps must be worn by those who wear caps, and Speedo Vanquisher goggles should be used (or a style very similar).

http://www.scraswimming.com/pcscras/...a-handbook.pdf
Old 09-03-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Many boys new to the sport are apprehensive about wearing a brief-style swim suit. Alteratively, boys may choose to wear jammers (suit that covers the legs, similar to bike shorts) or square leg suits.

As boys mature and progress through competitive swimming, it is recommended to wear a brief style suit, with a drag suit over top.

http://www.aquatics.miamicountryday...._stabid_=66367
Old 09-03-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
For the boys: Most will want to wear a racing style suit though it is not required. For boys who are not familiar with racing style suits, they can improve performance better than baggier trunks. Racing suits are made by a number of manufacturers, though each manufacturer has a different cut and feel. It is suggested that you become aware of the size, style, and manufacturer that you feel most comfortable wearing. Boys who have not worn a racing style suit will need a period of time to adjust to wearing the more revealing cut, but will soon appreciate its sleeker, streamline feel once in the water.

There are a number of styles of racing/workout suits for men; the most common is the brief which is the most revealing cut. For men who prefer a more modest cut it is suggested they consider a square cut or a jammer suit which looks like bike shorts. When considering material most briefs and jammer suits come in only a lycra material and with repeated use will last between six and 18 months. Some of the square cut and/or drag suits are made out of either nylon or polyester. It is suggested to spend the few extra dollars for the polyester as they tend to with stand the wear and tear of weekly workouts better than the nylon suits. Nylon suits usually don't last much longer than a year; where as the polyester suits can last as long as two years.

http://www.atacswim.com/SubTabGeneri..._stabid_=49812
Old 09-03-2015, 10:27 AM

Default Rofl

"Your swimmer will ALWAYS wear out a suit before they out grow it. Suits stretch with use."

Well, that might depend on exactly what grows when the swimmer wears the suit. Yes, the suit will stretch when growth occurs!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:55 PM

I have three younger brothers. I'm nineteen (just barely), the twins are seventeen, and our the youngest is just fifteen. We all grew up swimming in the country club/swim club teams from the Guppy Team age. Speedos were the norm, and we thought nothing about it. I know I loved wearing tight swimsuits, even though I only sported a peanut and two little marbles inside. We shared all the locker and shower spaces with all the older boys, and I knew from looking at them, and from looking at my dad, grandfathers, older cousins, and all the other older males that "my time would come!" Eventually I'd have pubic hair, larger hydraulic equipment, and bigger muscles.

Boys do go through a period of being self-conscious at the onset of puberty, but when a guy is surrounded by other boys in the same condition, and older boys and men as examples of where puberty is leading, it really isn't a big deal. Erections in swimsuits aren't "dirty" or "abnormal." They just happen. Big deal.

Now, if a boy goes into swimming at puberty, then I can understand some trepidation at wearing Speedos! It's much easier to "grow into them" starting as a little boy.

I was shaved once, and then refused to ever shave again. Sometimes that was way more an issue than wearing the swimsuits.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:14 PM

Good attitude, well expressed.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonspeedo
We shared all the locker and shower spaces with all the older boys, and I knew from looking at them, and from looking at my dad, grandfathers, older cousins, and all the other older males that "my time would come!" Eventually I'd have pubic hair, larger hydraulic equipment, and bigger muscles..

I had a similar experience growing up. My gym has a policy that you have to be at least 10 to use the regular locker rooms. Anyone younger has to use the family locker room with a parent. When I turned 10, I started going to the regular locker room with my dad. I remember walking in for the first time. It seemed like everyone was naked. Penises of every shape and size wherever I looked. Definately more educational than those drawings in the sex ed books.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 AM

I've got a friend that coaches an off season swim team. He recommends that the guys wear briefs, but they are frequently reluctant. His tactics to change their minds are twofold. First, he wears a brief himself 100% of the time.

The second is a bit less conventional. At the beginning of the season, there's a team social and swimsuit fitting. All of the swimmers and their families are invited. Instead of just fitting the team members, however, they do a fundraiser by selling team suits to parents and family members. The swimsuits are paid for prior to the event. At the end of the event, anyone interested can use the pool.

He doesn't mention this last part on the announcement, which means that nobody brings a swimsuit. At the event everyone is getting fitted for swimsuits, parents included. He finds that most of the dads are more than willing to opt for the brief suit. This in turn make it easier for their kids to make the same choice. Then they get a chance to use the pool with their speedo clad parents.

Last year he also switched the 16+ group to briefs only. He'd thought some people might complain, but not a single person did.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 AM

I've got a friend that coaches an off season swim team. He recommends that the guys wear briefs, but they are frequently reluctant. His tactics to change their minds are twofold. First, he wears a brief himself 100% of the time.

The second is a bit less conventional. At the beginning of the season, there's a team social and swimsuit fitting. All of the swimmers and their families are invited. Instead of just fitting the team members, however, they do a fundraiser by selling team suits to parents and family members. The swimsuits are paid for prior to the event. At the end of the event, anyone interested can use the pool.

He doesn't mention this last part on the announcement, which means that nobody brings a swimsuit. At the event everyone is getting fitted for swimsuits, parents included. He finds that most of the dads are more than willing to opt for the brief suit. This in turn make it easier for their kids to make the same choice. Then they get a chance to use the pool with their speedo clad parents.

Last year he also switched the 16+ group to briefs only. He'd thought some people might complain, but not a single person did.