Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Oh if you're wearing the briefest Speedos? There was another guy at the pool wearing briefs of about 2.5 - 3 inch sides, but mine were 2 inches. Still doesn't bother me.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Default Sharing shorts

As a young senior runner I was to take part in a road relay in Hastings, when we arrived a friend discovered that he had forgotten to bring his shorts and asked if he could borrow mine. I was doing the 2nd leg and he was doing the final 4th leg so there was time to go down into the pedestrian underpass below the changeover and swop shorts.
I had chosen to wear a pair of really short Umbro running shorts made from fairly stiff shiny black nylon, with a white trim. They had cut away slit sides and I liked the way you could almost but not quite see inside them. They were unlined so one had to wear really brief underwear with them.
It was a fairly warm day and I ran quite hard so by the time I finished my leg of the race both I and my clothes were slick with sweat, I saw Andy and we both dashed down to the underpass, I pulled off my warm, slightly damp shorts and handed them to him and he pulled off his track suit bottoms then slipping my on my black shorts. As I put my track suit bottoms over my tiny briefs I saw Andy in my shorts and liked the way he looked, better than the square shorts he usually wore. He then dashed back to the road and prepared for his leg in the race.
Later when Andy gave me my shorts back they were really sweaty having been run in 2 legs of the race, but Andy had run hard and the team had done well.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 09-07-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:30 PM

Well this morning at lap swim I could have asked a fellow "how does it feel to be the only guy NOT wearing speedos"?
But I didn't. It's not nice to pick on someone for what he wears in the pool. I think.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zungaboy
I think a good opportunity to begging to wear speedos is have 2 speedos in a bag when we go t the pool or a beach, one for you and another one if somebody forget his swimming trunk. It make to understand to the other people about is not rare see guys in Speedos and also the guy who is wear the speedo for first time he don’t feel so shy because he is not the only one guy wearing it at his first time.
I use to wear speedos at beaches and swimming pool but when I am coming to the beach/pool I wear my speedo under my board shorts, them if somebody forget his shorts to swim I take of my shorts and I give it to him. Of course I continue my day wearing only Speedos (sometimes speedo and T-shirt) but also I remember a day a group of guys we went together at a hotel for a business and this hotel had a pool outside. The day was very hit and a guy forgot his shorts to swim. He asked to a friend of him if he had another shorts and the friend tell him he had just one and a speedo (because he use his speedo like underwear inside the shorts) them he said to him if he wants use the speedo.. The guy said “nOOO I won’t to use it” but when he saw me using a speedo too the guy thought it 2 times more and took the chance to wear it (the speedo).

Going off what you said I almost always wear a speedo under my jeans if I am going to somewhere where the opportunity could arise. It is a quick excuse to wear on and you dont need to get changed.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:43 PM

Default Beginning

I have done the following in the past to ease my way into wearing speedos at the pool. Put your speedos on at home and when you get to the locker room just take off your outer clothes put them in the locker grab your goggles and cap-then-either wrap a towel around your waist and go to the pool, or as I did take an old drag suit over your speedos-mine was a Dolfin that I cut the liner out of and the first time get into the pool with it on-swim a length,take it off in the water and put it up on the side of the pool. Reverse before you get out. It will be easy to put the drag suit back on without the liner. Get out and go to the locker room. The second time do the same but don't put the suit back on in the water but get out and then put in on over speedos. Third time repeat but drop the suit before you get in the pool-take your time and do some stretching obvious to all in just the speedos-go swim -get out of pool and don't put on cover and go to locker room. Next time just wear speedos. Wear rhe same speedo for weeks. With a cap on and goggles hooked under your speedo you will look like you mean to be a serious swimmer-walk with confidence and engage in conversation at all times when the opportunity arrives. Watch how some people will "look you over" while talking to them. Stay confident-you have nothing to be "shy" about!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:57 PM

I don't have a problem walking around in a Speedo - it's being naked. So I tend to wear them under my trousers before going for a swim, and after the swim I aim to change in a cubicle. Some pools are unisex and are all cubicles, which makes it easier.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:33 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
I don't have a problem walking around in a Speedo - it's being naked. So I tend to wear them under my trousers before going for a swim, and after the swim I aim to change in a cubicle. Some pools are unisex and are all cubicles, which makes it easier.

Bede,

That sounds like a very good compromise for you. The most important thing is that there is no right or wrong way. If you're fine walking around in a speedo but are uncomfortable being naked, then you should do what you are comfortable with. Each one of us decides what our comfort level is and then act accordingly.

D67
Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 PM

Smile

Well today while swimming laps at the Y, there were two other guys in swim briefs. One was wearing a black square cut, and the other was wearing what looked like the older suits from the 60's, blue stripes down the sides which were probable 5". No matter, that's what they were comfortable in. I was comfortable in my Turbo 2" Ipanema.

D67
Old 01-07-2015, 01:55 AM

Default New guy here

Hey, new guy here. I've been wearing brief type suits for a long time now. I swim daily at the different pools in the city. For the most part I've never worn anything but a speedo-type suit. A swim club swims at our bigger pool and all the younger guys wear a speedo, nice to see it making a comeback!

Anyway at the smaller pool, it's a bunch of regulars who go. Other than me, there's the odd speedo. A few square cuts and lots of board shorts. We usually have to wait until doors are locked to get in. Everyone knows each other and we are all pretty friendly. A few weeks back, waiting to get in, it was me and one of the other swimmers. I stood under the shower keeping wet and warm. My swimming pal started to comment on my suit. He told me I had balls to wear one. I said I do, and pointed to them. He laughed and said he used to wear one and wants to buy one and asked where did I get mine. It was obvious he had been working up the nerve for a while to ask me.

Said he was going to stores to look. I told him he wouldn't have much luck until spring. He asked where I got mine (I have a few and switch them daily so I can wear them a bit longer) and I told him online. He said he'd have his son look for him. Gave him some advice, especially around sizes. I really hope he doesn't find one cuz he just doesn't have the right build for one. Maybe squarecuts might be better on him.

And last week, one of the older guys forgot his trunks. I said 'here take one of mine' knowing full well he wouldn't be caught dead in one. He was like No Way! The other guys all laughed.

Other than that, nobody has really ever commented on my suits unless to ask where I get them. It's happened a few times.

Anyway, more for another time.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:59 AM

At my college rec, there are a fair number of speedo wearers. However, I still get some comments/looks from time to time. One time I was walking into the hot tub and two guys in boardshorts gave me a dirty look. One time I passed by a guy while walking from the pool to the lockeroom and he laughed when he saw me in speedos and whispered something to his friend. I've also gotten comments in the locker room and pool - "Hey speedo boy!" or "Nice speedos!" or "I like your speedos" sarcastically. It makes me feel self-conscious at times, but I love wearing speedos around hot men and like to check out other handsome speedo wearers.