Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2023, 06:48 PM

Default Modern 21st Century Thonging Part 2

Modern 21st Century Thonging Part 2

There are three different situations under which men wear thong underwear. First, for some men, thong underwear is simply another style of underwear and is used as daily wear instead of other larger styles such as a brief or boxer shorts. Men’s underwear for daily use comes in all sorts of styles, from near knee-length loose-fitting boxers, through an array of briefs from full-cut to bikini style, to thongs and even some straps designed to be worn in daily wear like any of the other styles. What each guy chooses is very personal.

Second, thongs are becoming increasingly popular for recreational wear, typically chosen as the undergarment used as a base layer for workout wear such as tights and compression shorts where freedom of movement is critical while keeping everything in place. I suppose male dancers would be a good activity, but more generally this idea applies to any sort of gym-based workout, and I have long been an advocate for wearing a thong under compression shorts while engaging in physical activity such as stationary rowing and bike-riding.

The third example are men who wear thongs is for “recreational” wear with the word recreational in quotes. This refers to the wide variety of places where a guy might want to wear a thong while pleasuring himself, but also, increasingly while being with a sexual partner. Not that long ago, a lot of guys were really secretive about any interest in self-pleasuring once they had found a sexual partner. This was particularly true for male-female situations and was an offshoot of the idea that once in a male-female relationship, the female would get very angry if she somehow accidentally learned that the guy was still engaging in self-pleasuring.

An interesting thing to do is to read reviews of various men’s thong underwear brands written by the guys who purchased them. I used to never see any reference indicating the guy had a female partner, but in my recent reads there are many reviews that say things like “my wife really likes how I look in these!” or “These turn me on and make me hard, and my wife thinks that is great”. Another review suggested that a female should consider buying her guy some thongs as a gift and encourage him to wear them! This is something of a new way of looking at all of this, or if couples had done this before, they were too embarrassed to openly admit that. For males, is this thing simply another type of men’s underwear or an inexpensive sex toy? What happens if a woman gets aroused just seeing her guy wearing one? All sorts of interesting possibilities here!

An important matter is that of thong sizing. This is a throwback to the old days when guys had their first experiences participating in a sport where the players were required to wear an athletic supporter, fondly known as a jock strap. They faced a problem in determining the proper size, and not wanting to be seen as less than amply endowed, every guy, from smallest to biggest, said “large”.

Something interesting to note: Generally, penis sizes and waist sizes are all but uncorrelated for males past puberty. Once puberty is over there will be skinny guys with waist sizes under 30 inches but with huge erect penises, and big heavy guys with comparatively small penises. What a guy is endowed with so far as the erect (and even flaccid) penis size is almost totally unrelated to the waist size.

I read these reviews which say I ordered an XL because I needed the space in the pouch and it fits a little loose. The manufacturers know that the thong is going to be judged partly on the basis of whether or not the pouch can accommodate a guy’s penis and balls so all of the sizes from SM to XXL get approximately the same size (though maybe not an exactly identical) pouch.

Another issue is the width of the sides. The Arjen Kroos Thong has much wider sides than the Ikingsky thong—the former about ¾ to maybe a full inch and the latter more like 1/4 quarter of an inch.

One interesting spot on the male anatomy is the triangular shaped area that lies at the very top of the butt cleavage. On low-rise swim briefs, if the rise in the back is low enough, this spot can be exposed. Indeed, the Asian males and in particular the Japanese seem to delight in exposing this area, and a lot of the swim briefs coming out of Japan and other parts of east Asia are cut to do exactly that. Americans might see a cut like this that exposes any of the butt cleavage triangle as semi-nudity, but the Asians generally do not see this that way at all.

What does this have to do with thongs? Every thong has a triangular piece of cloth that is more- or-less there to hide the triangle at the top of the butt cleavage. Though the butt cheeks are there and the cleavage is obvious, this anatomical triangle is covered. The slang term for this part of the thong is “whale tail” as it is shaped like a whale tail. On thongs designed to be worn as an outdoor swim garment, the whale tail is often quite large, and wide enough to cover maybe the upper third of the butt cleavage as well. For thongs designed for recreational and “recreational” wear, the whale tail is typically much smaller and the width of the butt strap is much narrower as well, resulting in more minimal coverage of the butt.

The Arjen Kroos thong features not only wider sides but also a much larger whale tail, and the thong back is substantially wider than the back than the Ikingsky thong. In fact, the Arjen Kroos thong MIGHT be suitable to wear as a swimming garment at a public pool or beach. But this thong is unlined and I need to determine how transparent the fabric is when wet, so more tests are needed before I can recommend this. Still, the general design of the Arjen Kroos thong is not far from several of the thongs I see sold as swimwear (at much higher prices) in the Christopher Ocean videos.

Generally, however, I am coming to the conclusion that the Arjen Kroos thong is a great choice as a daily wear thong and as an alternative to brief or bikini-brief underwear. It will likely work well as an undergarment worn beneath compression shorts or tights at the gym. It would not be my top choice for nighttime “recreational” wear, however.

In contrast, the Ikingsky thong is an excellent garment for nigh time “recreational” wear of the kinds I enjoy doing so much. It is not a perfect replica of the old Jockey Elance thong but comes very close. For nigh-time wear I still prefer a really snug pouch and this one seems a bit too loose on me even in size Small. But keep in mind that, even in my prime, I was not a big guy at about 6 inches maximum so this might not be an issue for a lot of my readers.

I am happy to have purchased both brands as I will have ample uses for both. The Arjen Kroos thong should be great on my stationary rower. How snug you want that rear to cut between your glutes is a matter of personal preference. Some guys may not be as fond of a really snug fit there as I am. In the case of both thongs, I would order my normal waist size, and not size up thinking that somehow that will get a bigger pouch. You end up with a thong too loose a fit around the waist if you do that.

I will likely have more to say in future posts.

Sebbie