Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Default What your underwear choice says about your personality

I found this article interesting, and for the most part spot on
https://www.thrillist.com/sex-dating...ar-personality

Could we do something similare for your choice of swimwear? I gather Boxer guys are mostly board shorts guys, and tighty whitey guys by extension would at least consider wearing a swim brief. Will thong underwear guys wear thong swimwear? good question!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 PM

If a man were to write this about women's underwear he would be called a sexist. She is making wide generalisations without reference to any real evidence.
In the UK boxer shorts were a joke that only comedians wore when they expected to drop their trousers in a farce until the late 1980's. Nearly everyone wore briefs or Y fronts until this time. Old age pensioners were rumoured to wear long thermal trunks in winter (boxer briefs standard long) and the Damart adverts on TV made every laugh.
The wearing of thongs and jock straps as everyday underwear is so unusual as to allow the author the opportunity to insult and humiliate those few men that do without risk of comeback.
So I suggest her piece to be poorly researched and inaccurate prejudice and certainly not relevant to the UK. Perhaps she should seek alternative employment.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:29 PM

Complete rubbish. I don't have an outgoing personality but I wear brief underwear - because I find it the most comfortable. Simple as that.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:26 PM
Speedo Member

Not sure if I believe that but it's a funny read.
I wear all kinds of undies. I've got tiny bikini briefs and square cut briefs. I wear jock straps at the gym but also as every day wear. I've really been into tangas lately too. I like them as low as possible and as small a pouch as I can get. There's also a good stack of regular y-front briefs Ike I've been wearing since I was a kid. I've tried boxers once but never again!

I guess the main theme is briefs but I don't think it tells you anything about my personality.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:48 PM

Editor: "deadline is in an hour and I need 400 words to wrap around an ad, now!"
Result: Another unresearched stupid space-filling article not worthy of reading.

Next up: the author's unresearched stupid space-filling article with her opinion of why or why not you should wear your Speedo in public.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Speedo Member

Default What a load of tosh!

What a load of rubbish! Or maybe I am just NOT normal! Obviously I do not fit into this mould.
I used to wear thongs and tangas in my younger day, now bikini type briefs. I wear what I find is comfortable for me, not to send out a personality picture. I am sure that most guys are the same.
I suspect that for a lot of guys, decisions on underwear are dictated by what is available in the stores, and here in the UK, most stores stock mainly boxers and boxer trunks with only a small selection of briefs. Most guys hate shopping and will grab virtually the first suitable thing on the shelves, rather than searching for hours for items that they really want, or are ideal for them.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 AM

I wear whatever makes me feel confident and sexy. I like most styles of underwear including trunks, briefs, bikinis, thongs, jock-straps, and G-strings...pretty much anything other than boxers and boxer briefs. Wearing a certain style of underwear has absolutely nothing to do with who you are as person or reflective of your personality traits. If it did, my choice in underwear might certify me as a schizophreniac. I don't pay much attention to what people tell me what to wear anyways. Underwear, much like fashion, is a personal choice.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:51 PM

Smile Wearing what one feels good in

I like wearing speedo swim briefs over leotard and tights during the cold winter months, keep my lowers extra warm and secure. During the swarm spring and summer months, I'll wear speedo style briefs lycra or polyester briefs under shorts or jeans. Some guys, I know like wearing TYR, Adias or other brand soft well fitting swim briefs for swimming only,but after wearing them a while before and after swimming then changing into boxer shorts, wish they had another speedo style briefs with them to wear as underwear. They felt good and comfortable wearing a nice bright speedo swimsuit under street clothes. I can appreciate their feeling, as after swimming, I'm no hurry taking my tight wet speedo swim briefs off, just enjoying the soft clinging tight wet material keeping me snug and secure before having to tug and pull them off and baring it all in the showers.