Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM

Default Old men and Speedos

I got to reading this series of posts last night. It takes awhile, because there are 661 posts on 27 pages:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/fashion/...x2ELV6PE2YQX63

The thing that always amazes me is the vitriolic posts by women who seem downright angry at any man who would dare to wear a Speedo.

A few men too, but far fewer.

I go to the stores nowadays and snug-fitting briefs and boxer-briefs totally dominate the underwear shelves. I also realize that many men are not perfect body specimens. I am scratching my head and wondering what reaction these vitriolic women have when they see their hubbies or boyfriends in their underwear. Not every guy who wears underwear is a perfect specimen of male anatomy nor are they all in their teens or early 20s. So what drives the vitriolic comments about seeing a guy wearing a Speedo at the pool, hot tub or beach? One has to wonder. Americans seem to have these hangups to a far greater degree than in most of the rest of the world, for what that is worth. Are American men always supposed to be ashamed of their bodies?

Interestingly, women in America wear tiny, barely-there suits and often these women are not perfect bodies either. You dont see 27-page blogs on the Web devoted to why American women wear smaller and tighter swimwear than they should. So this seems to be mainly anger directed toward men by a subgroup of women as well as certain other men who seem to be insecure in their own skins. At some point every guy is going to end up in a situation where he is nude or nearly so in front of someone else. Once should not be so scared of ones' own appearance in minimal or no clothing that one completely falls apart. Think about it.

Sebbie

Last edited by sebbie : 12-09-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Speedo Member

I totally agree with your assessment. Women of all shapes and sizes wear bikini's nowadays and I don't see anyone rantin' on them.

And how about the beefy chicks wearing short shorts in the summer, sweaty thigh skin rubbing together as they walk, ewww. And the latest fad of wearing leggings (tights) in the winter, awesome on fit girls/women. Queen size gals should leave 'em at home but they don't, I see them everywhere!

I just don't get it....
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Default Queen size gals....

King size men leave meggings at home too if tempted by the new 2013 men's fashion trend? (all the rage in NYC we are told)
http://freenewfashiondesign.com/wp-c...f-meggings.jpg
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Default oldmen and........

Bryon they should be in speedos nothing else.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM

but baby it's cold outside .....
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 AM

Default cafe terrasse

Yes, but not for Louis - crazy weather means comfortably sitting out for a coffee at the moment.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:20 PM

Default I hear that, I am 55 5 11 225ibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinspeedo
I totally agree with your assessment. Women of all shapes and sizes wear bikini's nowadays and I don't see anyone rantin' on them.

And how about the beefy chicks wearing short shorts in the summer, sweaty thigh skin rubbing together as they walk, ewww. And the latest fad of wearing leggings (tights) in the winter, awesome on fit girls/women. Queen size gals should leave 'em at home but they don't, I see them everywhere!

I just don't get it....

So I just started wearing some speedos I had we I was a bit younger, so they are a size 34, but as you see in this video they have been a bit stretched lol So if you want to comment I would like to hear what everyone has to comment on how they look, but I have ordered new ones, pics coming soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5rJ...l=heyallwhatup
Old 05-01-2022, 03:28 AM
Speedo Member

Talking Define "Old!"

I work to stay healthy and fit, wear what pleases ME in appropriate situations or locations, am an exhibitionist at heart, am forever cultivating my sensuality and sexuality, and recently turned 70. Screw "ageism!" https://flickr.com/people/188479393@N06/
Old 05-01-2022, 10:47 AM

When stating all sizes of women wear bikinis while out of shape men get slammed for wearing speedos. Keep in mind that when you are in a store there are racks and racks of bikinis with little or no selection of more modest suits for women. While in the mens department there are racks and racks of board shorts and seldom a speedo on display. In recent years there has been much said about a normal woman is considered overweight and often risks health to lose weight. On the other hand, Men with middle age spread or beer bellies are considered lazy and out of shape. In other words, an out of shape or +size woman can wear a bikini and while offensive to some eyes, it is acceptable. While an overweight man in a speedo appears to be trying to grasp a long lost physique and sees the man he wants to be in the mirror and not the man he actually is. Lets face it, according to social norms, a man in a speedo. anywhere away from a swim meet, is either gay or old and sadly often past his years in a speedo and overweight.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:51 AM

Tom Daley in married to a man. I think that eliminates his being heterosexual