Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Denverswim
Default favorite color(s)

What color speedo do you like to wear most? I like white when I am real tan and otherwise am fond of light blue or light green. People say I look real good in red although red is not a color I am real fond of but if it looks good on me I am game for it.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM

The local shops only sell black or navy blue Speedos, If I go to the local pool and wear black or navy blue I will fit in with any other Speedo wearers, should i wish to conform.
I have Speedo Flipturn Kapow printed in mauve and light blue for when i want to be noticed in a pool.
For the beach I rather like purple, but am told I look hot in yellow. Yellow does get a little see through as you come out of the water though.
I had a really nice white pair in the late 1980's, maybe I should post a picture of me in them as a puzzle some time.
Red is OK if "everyone" is wearing brightly coloured suits, but wear red when everyone else is in black is too big a contrast.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Blue is my favorite. I am sure it came from high school were we were issued blue nylon Dolfin brand suits. I cannot tell you how hard (pun) it was to get from the changing room to the pool. I still have a few that I have borrowed and will return.

Privately I like yellow and red. Then again as the mood strikes.........
Old 02-06-2012, 05:06 PM

My high school swim team's Speedo color was international orange and I always thought those suits were hot, hot, hot!

Yellow is great if you have a dark tan.

Tyr makes a really nice blue.

But I mostly swim in plain old black.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 PM

Default Trends

I have a tendency to relate speedo fashion trends to automobiles - go back a few years and all colors imaginable were to be seen - now black predominates.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:51 AM

Default Bright colors

I'm partial to yellow/gold/orange suits, but I also like light to medium blue. I don't think dark colors are as interesting.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:37 AM

One of my school teams was red and white (the Raiders, was our mascot). Our suits were red with white trim of white with red trim. The white were pretty thick material so they did not show stuff, but as they got late in the season they started to get preety sheer. My HS team was blue and gold and my college team was black and gold. My club team was green and gold and we had some really nice print suits. Our "paper suits" were always black.

Today I like print suits mostly, and am glad they seem to be coming back. I also like bold color combos, like black with red. I like white suits (maybe with other colors), but now I only wear them in more private settings (becasue they can be a bit showy). For my swim workouts I stay to the darker prints or accent suits. Never jammers!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Sometimes I break down and buy a patterned suit, but then find it never gets worn. Maybe its because a Speedo sized patch of bright pattern just interrupts the line of my body too much? Maybe its because patterns hide the overall shape and curvature of the body? Or maybe its because all the nylon Speedos of my youth were plain colors? Not sure why, but I look in the mirror and grab something else. As long as we're discussing preferences, l also avoid those suits that are all black except for little bright colored side panels.

To my eye, a plain color - any color - beats a pattern. Your preference may vary!

Last edited by Lap Counter : 02-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to snakestone91
Default Classic solid colours

Mostly I wear solid black - elegant, classic + uncontroversial.
Also, many of my team's competition suits have been black............

Royal or navy blue is also very cool + classic + seems to suit me............

However, I really love wearin red when I'm in the mood to stand out -
I don't think anythin looks smarter than official lifeguard kit -
I've certainly never felt cooler than when wearin my red competition speedos with 'lifeguard' across the back -
I never wanted to get changed out of them!

I also love to wear white - especially with a good tan at the end of the season. I think that wearin my white Speedo Solars demonstrates confidence, although they're perfectly respectable + properly front lined.

As well as these I have a much more daring pair of unlined white Aussiebums!
Admittedly, I only wear them when I'm in the right mood + in the right type of company,
the type that's relaxed about that kind of stuff;
but I think there's somethin supercool about kit that lets everyone see everythin.....................

Let me know what ya think...............

Last edited by snakestone91 : 02-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Default Green 0r Blue with Gold trim

Any cut-jammers,square cut or briefs-which I wear all of. See green and gold sporti square cut at at Swim Outlet or Jammers and briefs at N2N Sports. Wore paint splatter on black this morning at Y. They were square cuts. Nice thing is they have a back center seam which goes into your crack and therefore takes stretch pressure cause by your buns. Suits hold their shape longer-even the cheap Sporti brand.