Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2016, 07:22 PM

Default FIRST TIME in a speedo in public!

After a workout I usually swim for a while. When I swim I would wear a pair of navy speedo solar briefs under a black jammer, because of the support and extra cover. Both are a couple sizes smaller than I, so it helps for support and prevents the jammer from being too low.

Just a couple days ago as I walked into the gym I noticed there was an older guy swimming in a bright blue brief. I noticed him before so I figured maybe speedos might catch on or at least feel normal all around. As I changed into the brief first, I noticed a guy walked out to the pool area in a black brief. I thought wow someone else is into speedos around here. As I rinsed off before going in I thought perhaps today could be the day and perhaps three guys in the pool in a speedo would be more normal than swim shorts.

I took the plunge, took off the jammers, rinsed off in only the speedo and headed out to the pool with a towel around my waist. It was fairly empty and the older guy just headed back into the locker. The black speedo guy was in the sauna. So there I was alone with a pool to myself in my navy speedo solar briefs. I took off the towel and just started swimming.

It felt normal, honestly. But great! A lot less restricting for sure. It was fun, the idea didn't quite sink in at first and as I swam I felt the back of the speedo more loose than normal but it was fine. I was still a little embarrassed so I relied on the water to keep me discrete.

The other speedo guy then comes or of the sauna and asks how's the water. I guess he spoke because we're both in speedos but I just said it was fine and continued swimming. So now we're both swimming and I'm just hoping anyone new that comes into the area thinks nothing of it.

I finished about 10 laps, I know, not a lot but I was working on legs that day. I headed back into the locker and called it a day.

It was an experience. It was open and I enjoyed it. The speedo felt almost too 'brief' since it it a couple sizes smaller. I don't think I'll swim in them again unless it's straight empty or I get a more conservative pair like these. I would love to make it a routine and just normalize it but I still feel somewhat apprehensive. We'll see until next time!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:57 PM

Good for you! It reminds me a lot of my first time, except I was pretty much the only swimmer NOT in a speedo. I can tell you from personal experience that it only takes about 2 or 3 weeks at most to normalize it, but saying any more will spoil chapter 10 of my ongoing story "Becoming an Enthusiast"! If getting a more conservative pair of briefs helps you adjust better, then I say do it and never look back.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Speedo Member

Definitely get the more modest brief and try it out for a while, I say. And as you get comfortable with it, you might be more open to smaller suits. I've also mostly been the only guy wearing a speedo at my pool when I do laps, pretty much every time actually. And it was really intimidating at first and I'd come up with "reasons" to tell the lifeguard why I was wearing a speedo if I was ever asked (which is insane because no one cares). But now that I wear speedos all the time, to exercise and also just to hang out with friends, I don't feel as embarrassed. I honestly hope that me wearing a speedo inspires other guys to do the same and be comfortable with it.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:22 PM

I'm invariably the only one wearing Speedos at my pool. Every alternate session I wear briefs with only 1.5 " sides. I get a shower, which relaxes me, then I just walk to the pool and climb down the steps without a thought. When I leave the pool, dripping wet, it just seems so natural to wear these. Apart from that, I don't think anyone even notices me, so no problem.