Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2016, 12:14 AM

Default Ever been called out?

Has anyone ever been called on on wearing speedos? Like in casual conversation?

We were on a cruise last year (our honeymoon). It was a Panama Canal cruise, and we were probably one of the youngest couples (and only gay) on the ship. Lots of sea days, so there were tons of time to soak up the sun in speedos. I wore about 5 suits over the course of 12 days, and we had a blast.

Over 12 days you get to know people. This older lady with a group would say hi to us and ask us about our trip, and was just very personable.

One night at the bar, while drinking, she was talking how cute we were as a couple, and how we were very handsome...and then she comes out with "and don't think I've been looking at your speedos the entire time," with a a laugh.

Kinda awkward, for many reasons...

But it didn't stop me. Just wanted to see how everyone else has felt with things like this.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:26 AM

I don't see anything derogatory about her comment or awkward about the situation.

I've been wearing short cut off jeans out in public for 3 years and a couple of guys commented about how the liked them. No criticism either.

Furthermore, I'm noticing a lot of guys (at least 1/2 or more) out jogging in 1970's style running shorts.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:51 AM

I'm with California Dolphin on this one! It just sounds like she was saying y'all were cute/handsome but was trying to assure you that it wasn't simply BECAUSE OF your speedos.

Actually it's been the opposite for me. The only time someone's commented on me wearing a speedo was when my swimmer friend encouraged me to just wear my speedo anyway even though I didn't feel confident in it yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:10 PM

Thanks guys. Makes sense. I think it was my Italian Catholic guilt/mentality getting to me. A lot of the reasons why I've become so comfortable wearing speedos is because I thought nobody cared or noticed me.

I think I need to change my mindset. It's not a matter of them not caring, rather not caring of their opinion. It's still not going to stop me from wearing what I love!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:45 PM

I've had some experiences, some bad, but most good. I was at a local state park beach in an orange Ami Sanzuri brief. As I was coming out of the changing area, a young woman commented that she really liked my swimsuit. Not in a flirty way (which is good, since I'm 100% Gay). I think she was giving a subtle hint to her male friend that she might enjoy seeing him in something similar. Gotten several similar comments at other beaches. The one negative that comes to mind was, ironically, at the Columbus Pride parade. There are all the twinkish guys out in their underwear or swimsuits, and that's OK. Late 30's me is out in a speedo, and I hear some yahoo yelling, "Put some clothes on!" Guess what, I didn't. It's my day too, and as long as I'm legal, I'll wear, or not wear, whatever I please
Old 04-17-2016, 07:07 PM

Not quite the same thing, but back in college my junior year we were in the conference finals, hosted at our pool. It was a really close meet between the top three teams. I swam fly on the team medley. When we finished we had won the medley by mere fractions. The win put us on top and we went on to win the meet. The campus newspaper took a picture of me jumping in the air, one arm up in celebration. I was in my still wet race brief. The next issue had that picture front page under the headline Mens Swimming Champions. It was a tabloid so the picture took up most of the cover. For the next few days I had students saying, "hey, you're the guy in the Speedo" or stuff like that. Nothing mean, but it was weird seeing my nearly naked picture all over campus. To be young, again....

STS
Old 04-18-2016, 12:08 PM

I would be pretty proud if that was my picture.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:29 PM

I wear speedos everywhere...even to water parks. I've only really ever been called out once...by a 9 year old no less...when he, himself, was wearing jammers. He asked in that disgusted tone, "Why are you wearing SPEEDOS?". My response was, "because we're at a water park! You have to wear a swimsuti when you come here." Then he challenged me to a friendly race in the lazy river...of course he won...but that was it.

The only other mentions I've ever had were the lifeguards at that same park commenting that it was a Team USA suit and they were like, "Rock on!". During that race with the kid, I had lost my $700 Rx Oakelys, but wearing speedos made it easy for the lifeguard to identify me Got those back by the end of the day.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:35 PM

At the top of a hill I used to run up there used to be an abandoned local paper showing a swimmer in speedos celebrating after winning a race. It sat there for several weeks.

Knowing I would see the winning swimmer at the top of the hill I ran harder up the hill to be "worthy" of his success.

Running hard up the hill and seeing the photo of the swimmer became a part of my daily training.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:36 AM
Speedo Member

Default Speedo comments and consequences

I have had several incidents when I have been called while wearing Speedos.
I was in Delhi, in India. At a pool in a top hotel in the city. Many of the guys at the pool, from many nations across the world, from Australia, from Europe, from Japan, were wearing Speedos. Now many Indian guys wear briefs when they are swimming, speedo style swimwear, but these are usually rather baggy, some just wear cotton, slip style, underwear briefs and some wear relatively brief sport shorts. A pool boy dressed in sport shorts, a hotel worker keeping the pool in good condition, approached me saying that he liked the look of my tight, black Speedos. Later I went into the changing room to dress before going through the hotel lobby to get to my room. The pool boy was in the locker room and smiled at me again. I stripped off and went for a quick shower. When I came out, my Speedos had gone. I never saw the pool boy, or my Speedos, again.
A couple of years ago, I was sunbathing by the pool at a country club in Florida, wearing a pair of Speedos, as I always do. A boy, aged about nine, with his father walked past and the boy said in a very loud voice “Dad, why is that man wearing his underwear?” His father said nothing – at least in my earshot. Both were wearing extremely long fancy boardshorts, almost down to their ankles.. I saw them later in the pool, with their boardshorts ballooning in the water. At least the shorts kept the two of them afloat.
I swim early mornings at my local pool when it is ‘adults only’ lane swimming. Many of the serious swimmers are in Speedos. After swimming, many of us head to the pool sauna and steamroom to relax. I see the same guys each time I swim and we all chat in the sauna, putting the world to rights. One guy, I see regularly, not a very fast swimmer – he swims in the “slow” lane – wears rather old, speedos with about one inch sides. One morning, he waited until we were the only two in the sauna, then cautiously asked me, almost in a whisper, where I get my swimwear from – I was wearing my Team England Arena briefs ( see my England Arena post with thumbnails in the New Team GB thread). He said his speedos were getting baggy and loosing their elasticity. I suggested several websites and I don’t think that he had even thought of looking on line for new swimwear, but was expecting to go to a department store or sports shop. The next week he was proudly wearing a new brief pair of Slazenger black swimbriefs.