Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2015, 02:03 AM
Speedo Member

Default Swimsuit Seams

What kind of seams do your swimsuits typically have? I usually wear my Arena AST90 to swim laps. It has a back seam that really prevents the suit from getting that baggy, diaper look.

I've even heard of brief-style swimwear with front seams. Does anyone own a pair of those? If so, what do you think of them?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:26 AM

Hi - I have many suits with a front seam and find them comfortable and allow movement if necessary. That said they are very brief; one had only string sides while the others vary between 1cm - 3cm- not sure what that is in inches! Most are quite low cut also. I also have suits with the crotch dart which again gives more room at the front though I have one suit which has nothing but a plain front like a womans bikini and this makes for uncomfortable use.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:15 PM

1 inch =2.54 cm so 3 cm is a bit over an inch
Old 01-19-2015, 05:04 PM

Default sw suits seams

check on Nike suits thay all have seams
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM

I have never been fond of the rear seams, kind of ruin the round smooth look of the bum. Lycra suits need to have a front seam to be comfortable. It gives more room for my junk. Unless it is one of those Asian suits that have the water vent in the rear seam, I don't see any need for that rear seam
Old 01-19-2015, 10:10 PM

The best seams are the ones that stretch on the rear of the AQUX briefs!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:15 PM

The classic 2" (5cm) Speedo has a smooth front.
When a swim bikini briefer than this is wanted there can be a shortage of space at the front, sewing 2 pieces of fabric together along a convex curve creates a bowl shape which when incorporated into a swim bikini becomes a pouch.

When a Lycra swim brief ages the first thing to go is the rear, sagging down towards the knees. The Paper Lycra suits of the late 1980's were worn very tight but were prone to rapid aging and rear sagging. On stretch fabric a straight seam (sewn with the fabrics stretched) gives stretch down the seam but not across it. This can be used to give support to the rears of rapidly aging fabrics so the Paper Lycra racing speedos had rear seams.
The rear seam was found to be attractive and the Japanese incorporated a narrow piece of mesh into their rear seams to aid drainage. This feature was also popular with swimmers.

In conclusion, a front seam creates a pouch while a rear seam makes the suit last longer and give the option of adding drainage mesh.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:42 PM

I have never witnessed this situation you described as a saggy butt.
Are these really old suits that have seen a lot of chlorine and not rinsed out?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM

Take one pair of Lycra Speedos that are already well worn and have no souvenir value to you. Start wearing them each time you go swimming, never rinse them out and let them stay rolled up in a damp towel for at least 24 hours before you hang them up to dry. If you swim every day them keep these Speedos rolled up in damp towels all the time between swims.
Almost before you can say "jock itch" you will have a delectable pair of Speedos with a saggy butt that hangs half way to your knees.
It is probably too late to remember that at college you won a race in these Speedos causing that nice blond girl to notice you, the one you later made your wife.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 PM

Default thin lycra

Hold up to light-you will see through. Get Caussies!