Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 01:40 AM

Default starting collection

Two months ago I started to buy nice swimwear. I usually wear boring shorts when going to the swimming pool or the beach, because my friends and family would look me weirdly if I wore a speedo style suit. My country, Peru, is not speedo friendly at all; it's only normal in swimming lessons.

Beginning to collect cool swimwear is for me like a dream come true. Saying it would sound maybe a bit childish, but it's something I wanted since I was younger. The bad fact is that I have to hide it, I don't live alone at home. I own a waterpolo swim suit an just bought an aussiebum swim brief.
I hope in the future I could have a bigger collection and wear it anywhere possible.
I'm happy being part of this Forum and sharing my interests with you all and learning more from your experiences and opinions. Thank you!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Welcome. can you drive to locations or are you waiting for that time? It took me a good while before I could go out in a speedo as my family would have axed even the idea of wanting to wear a speedo.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 AM

yes knikon, maybe in the future I would travel abroad, or find a location anywhere near my city.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM

Default starting collection

That must be very tuff on you, btw wellcome to our board, how do conceal or hide the speedos you get from your family.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM

The trick of course is when you go swimming to wear your board shorts over your suit and then put your board shorts at the side of the pool or beach just before you enter the water. Then reverse the process when you come out. That keeps your board shorts dry and the suit will quickly dry underneath.

That way, people will gradually get used to seeing you for just a moment or two wearing the smaller suit. No one gives a darned what you are wearing once you get into the water as they can't really see underwater anyway.

The neat thing about this is that when you are out of the water you are in nice dry board shorts not waterlogged board shorts. So its really the more "conservative" option than wearing the board shorts right into the water.

Try this. As you gain more confidence and those around you get more comfortable seeing you in a "real" swim brief. You can remove the board shorts a little earlier, and so on. There are two big problems with board shorts for swimming. First, they create lots of drag making swimming more difficult, and second, if that's all you are wearing then when you come out of the water you are wandering around in these gloppy waterlogged shorts that are dripping pool water everywhere.

This also works very well at hotel/motelpools. Wear a tee shirt and board shorts while you are in the elevator or lobby going to and from the pool. Then just leave these at the side of the pool when you go into the water. Reverse the process coming out. Dry off your real suit with a towel before slipping the board shorts back on.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 PM

Default location

Welcome is a bit late for you as you have had membership for four months now and you have already posted interestingly - and in the most excellent English I might add (keep it up).
Btw you and Louis have something in common (national flag).
Are you situated in Lima or up in the Andes?
Is there any beach culture along the Pacific coast for Peruvians to enjoy ?
( a beautifully even climate for you I believe but I know the Pacific remains cold).

As you mentioned Colombia I was surprised to hear of the free and easy attitude there to speedo-wearing - would you think that the more conservative
attitudes exist in Peru because of its ancient cultural background of many centuries?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:06 AM

Default response

Sebbie: nice idea! I think an excellent way to start wearing speedos as naturally I´m not used to them. so firstly better wearing them underwater and each time being less shy about it. I'm planning someday to go to a nice resort, in the caribbean for example. I don't think I'll be enough brave to wear the suit since the first minute. I have to get used to them.

Byron: yes, I like to write in other languages and is cool to learn words and expressions that no English Teacher will teach you when studying english at school. this is one of the reasons why I love this posts because reading the threads I learn more about speedos and about english language. That's great.
and well, this thread is the first time I really present myself to this nice community. I live in Lima, the capital city, near the Pacific Ocean. in this part of the country beaches are very freaking cold! even in the wet hot summer , much more in the wet and cloudy winters. Lima is a very cloudy city, along winter you wont see much sun. so the seas are very cold and the sand is dark, almost brown. many surfers take advantage of the high waves and that's why Peru had won many surfing competitions.
BUT the northern peruvian beaches, you know, another story: they are so wonderful. the sea water is very clear, almost transparent, and the sand is white and soft. summer all the year. I was there on vacations and believe me I couldn't even understand how different was it compared to Lima (distance : just 1:30 hour by plane). it reminded me of Punta Cana in some way. but Dominican Republic beaches are crowded and lots of hotels this was a small and nice town.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis
That must be very tuff on you, btw wellcome to our board, how do conceal or hide the speedos you get from your family.

thanks for the welcome. well, maybe I didn't write it correctly, but I don't get speedos from my family. I have to keep it secretly in my bedroom. I got them buying on web sites. I always wondered if I had a girlfriend and she discovers this collection LOL
Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 AM

Smile Lol

I had to laugh at this one - you DID write it correctly (syntax is always a problem in international communication).
Btw, dark sand usually reflects the geology of the hinterland : mid-Wales for example has black sand beaches and its mountains are full of slate (and dark volcanic ash plays a big part in many regions of the world of course).
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 AM

Thumbs up starting col.....

Sorry thisweirdthing, what i meant is how do you conceal from your parents the speedos you buy, you say in your bed room, but are you not afraid your folks will discouver the speedos. Unless they are locked up.
Congratulations on your english, I live in the province of Quebec in Canada witch is a francophone province so the main language being french , anyway living in south America your english is excellent better then mine.