Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013, 02:02 PM

Default stupid answer from "yahoo answers"

I was searching some answers in yahoo regarding speedos and I'm found some interesting questions.

but in this one

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6181244AAX65EH

some stupid guy answered something that I think is quite sad.

"I've seen lots of straight guys wear speedos and tiny swimsuit briefs at beaches and waterparks all over the U.S. My only recommendation is that unless you're young, have no body hair, an awesome tan, and a near perfectly fit body, you might want to stay away from speedos. Unless you look like that, a speedo will make you look silly and unattractive. Young, thin, tanned, smooth, athletic guys in speedos are just downright stunning and will turn heads where ever they go. Unfortunately 99% of guys don't look like that. It's the select few of hairy pale out-of-shape guys that wear speedos that give them a bad name. Straight guys with good looking bodies that are too chicken to wear speedos usually have insecurities about their sexuality and are too concerned about what others think.
Source:
Personal opinion and years of observation."

I mean: what a freaking jerk! so you have to be a model to wear whatever you want. yeah, LOL

his opinion was even took as best answer.
I was speaking with some coworkers at the office where I work about that "summer is coming" and "what they do in summer" stuff. There's a gay guy who told us he always goes to the beach; and he is a chubby guy that likes to wear sunga (brazilian style) swimwear when going to the beach. the other guys told him if he feels comfortable doing it. he said yes and doesn't give a sh|t he does not have an athletic body or other people don't like his choice, he wears that because he likes it. And of course, that's how it really should be!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:50 PM

On the flip side there is this whole trend in society where people complain about "fat" shaming and "making women and girls insecure" when anybody states that a 300lb woman (well beyond "curvy") isn't as attractive in a bikini. You can't have it both ways. Many women who are not in perfect shape look fine in a bikini and even the out of shape ones are encouraged. I am not ripped but I wear one because I want to. I could care less about the remarks I get Ive gotton just about everything tho lol.

"Usually have insecurities about their sexuality and are too concerned about what others think"... I wonder why that is?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Thumbs down

Well I didn't come up with nearly the same reaction you did. In fact, I do agree with a lot of his statement, but object that he might be comparing straight guys to gay ones as to whether they should wear briefs. What does it matter? I'm sorry but I admit I might think "eww" when some guys show too much but I would never question their sexual orientation because they wear a speedo.
The problem might be that someone wearing so little might be acting gay in the eyes of the viewer. That will offend some people, won't it? LOL. That is when speedo = gay. "But that's just what they think. You can't argue with that, all you can do is realize we went full circle all the way back to "so what?"
Maybe my opinion is swayed because I'm not gay. I would think it was funny if somebody thought I was gay because I wear a Dolphin or Speedo or TYR racing brief. I would laugh at how wrong they are. And stupid, too. But then again nobody has ever confronted me over it. Why not? Because they don't really care, huh? And you know, I don't care, either.
So I try to think, if I was gay and was being ridiculed, is it because I'm gay, or for wearing a speedo, or for not looking good in a brief? I think I'd want to know. I can just ask, right?
I've never been harassed for wearing a brief swimsuit. But I've never worn one that I, personally thought was "too brief". As mentioned before I have felt overdressed in a speedo and been urged to remove it to conform with the theme of the party, but that's different.
Anyway, again "so what?" Wear what you want, as long as it is legal.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:36 AM

Some are just not fit for the speedo (wally world shoppers) but if you are like me and just an average somewhat healthy build it shouldn't be a social issue... It is funny I feel overdressed in some of my speedos like my 4" endurance racer. It is all user experience I guess...
Old 12-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Default regulations

Rule-makers are a strange sub-species in the human race - their one qualification to sit in their self-important committee meetings seems to be having complete detachment from the real world in which others live.
Example: The European Union's Commissioners made complete asses of themselves a while back by demanding the sale in shops of only straight bananas
Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 PM

I mean imagine if your banana was always straight in your hammock, it might get sore!

All joking aside many rules have no ground especially because lawmakers seldom know what they are ruling on. Some people just want to control everything and use some "moral superior" argument to shield them like "safety" or "for the children" or "you are just a x________"

I have been played the moral superior card before. Once I was at a cove area and was alone of course. A parent showed up with her kid. Later her grandma showed up and I could loudly hear he say "that is disgusting", "my daughter shouldn't have to see this because she is too young!", etc. The grandma thought it was funny (she was probably enjoying herself, and the kid had no clue what was going on (why her mom didn't like me). I had my junk tucked in anyway so there wasn't a big bulge to begin with. I ended up leaving tho anyway...

Last edited by knikon : 12-15-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:38 AM

Default quite agree

Good example - and there's probably a twit somewhere who suddenly discovers Budgy Smugglers and demands legal protection against ornithological
maltreatment of creatures denied their avian freedoms by people who like to swim

Last edited by Byron : 12-16-2013 at 05:48 AM.