Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2015, 11:48 PM

Default Speedo Surprise (Borrowed Suits)

The local pool I frequent hired a new aquatics director a few months ago. I was surprised, but happy, to learn that he prefers speedos. Most of the time he's dressed in warm up pants and a t-shirt. However, any time he's in the water he strips down to a brief. He teaches some of the classes and always wears a brief on the pool deck.

This pool is pretty popular in the summer with families. Forgotten swimsuits are inevitable. The front desk will loan out suits for a few dollars. In the past, they've given out shorts for men/boys and one piece suits for women/girls.

I was in line behind a mom with her son and daughter. She asked about renting a suit for her son. The girl at the check in desk asked for his waist size, which seemed unusual. They usually just ask for small, medium, etc. The mom gave the size. The girl went to the back and brought back a small plastic wrapped packet. The family walked away from the desk.

There were another couple of people ahead of me, so I waited for them to check in. When I got to the front of the line, the mom came out of the locker room and back to the desk with her kids in tow.

She apologized for interrupting, then held out the suit and said to the girl behind the desk, "I think you may have given me a women's suit by mistake," holding out a small navy brief. "There's just a bikini in here."

The girl assured her that it was a men's suit and said they'd recently replaced all of the rental suits. The mom asked if they had any other styles, but the girl told her they did not. She turned to her son and told him that if he wants to swim, he'd just have to wear it. They went back to the lockers, and I finished checking in.

Later, I saw the family at the pool. The boy was sitting on the side wrapped in his towel, but eventually he got into the water. Later, he was playing with the other kids, totally over the fact that he was wearing a "bikini."

I've since seen a few other men/boys wearing the rental suits. I think it may be "contagious," because more people seem to be wearing briefs regularly now.

When I was in France, I saw a similar situation play out when people tried to enter the pools in shorts and were told they were forbidden.

Has anyone else witnessed men/boys being surprised by speedos?
Old 09-15-2015, 03:19 PM

The school district I attended had a pool, and had swim lessons as a mandatory part of PE from fourth to eighth grade. Students weren't allowed to wear their own suits until the eighth grade. Until then, we had to wear those old school nylon brief suits they had as rentals (For a time reference, this was 1985-1990 in my case). When we were young, this wasn't questioned. But as we got into our later middle school years, students started to balk about the brief suits. That's what led to the change in rules allowing eighth grade students to bring their own suits. Those who didn't want to, or forgot their suits still got the nylon briefs. I didn't state my reasons, but I elected to continue using the rental suits
Old 09-15-2015, 06:51 PM

our high school also had a pool and provided the suits. They were nylon in a wide side brief. Probably 4" on the sides. We were allowed to wear our own suits but the only permitted suit was the nylon briefs. Most of the swim team wore their team suits and a few of us wore our own speedos. The criteria for the nylon suits was based on they could be dried with the hand dryer and left in the lockers dry. To my knowledge, no one ever complained.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Speedo Member

This is fascinating to learn about renting out suits. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:45 PM

The girl behind the desk should have said 'you're here to swim - not play tennis.'
Old 09-29-2015, 05:46 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk78
The local pool I frequent hired a new aquatics director a few months ago. I was surprised, but happy, to learn that he prefers speedos. Most of the time he's dressed in warm up pants and a t-shirt. However, any time he's in the water he strips down to a brief. He teaches some of the classes and always wears a brief on the pool deck.

This pool is pretty popular in the summer with families. Forgotten swimsuits are inevitable. The front desk will loan out suits for a few dollars. In the past, they've given out shorts for men/boys and one piece suits for women/girls.

I was in line behind a mom with her son and daughter. She asked about renting a suit for her son. The girl at the check in desk asked for his waist size, which seemed unusual. They usually just ask for small, medium, etc. The mom gave the size. The girl went to the back and brought back a small plastic wrapped packet. The family walked away from the desk.

There were another couple of people ahead of me, so I waited for them to check in. When I got to the front of the line, the mom came out of the locker room and back to the desk with her kids in tow.

She apologized for interrupting, then held out the suit and said to the girl behind the desk, "I think you may have given me a women's suit by mistake," holding out a small navy brief. "There's just a bikini in here."

The girl assured her that it was a men's suit and said they'd recently replaced all of the rental suits. The mom asked if they had any other styles, but the girl told her they did not. She turned to her son and told him that if he wants to swim, he'd just have to wear it. They went back to the lockers, and I finished checking in.

Later, I saw the family at the pool. The boy was sitting on the side wrapped in his towel, but eventually he got into the water. Later, he was playing with the other kids, totally over the fact that he was wearing a "bikini."

I've since seen a few other men/boys wearing the rental suits. I think it may be "contagious," because more people seem to be wearing briefs regularly now.

When I was in France, I saw a similar situation play out when people tried to enter the pools in shorts and were told they were forbidden.

Has anyone else witnessed men/boys being surprised by speedos?

Is this a recent story? can you give us any clues on where this happened? Never been to a gym/pool that had swimsuits to borrow.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Question 2: Can I Rent a Swimsuit or Towel?

Yes and yes. But I feel like we should talk about the first thing. Do you really want to RENT a swimsuit? This turns me off for obvious reasons. I’m even more turned off now that I’ve been to Szechenyi and seen the swimsuit rentals. Men get one choice: speedo. It’s actually hilarious to try to pick out American men who had to rent a speedo and are clearly uncomfortable with it. Women are issued a pretty modest one-piece, but it’s made of alarmingly thin material. Make of that what you will. In short, pack a swimsuit. It hardly takes up any space, anyway.

http://wevemadeahugemistake.com/the-...echenyi-furdo/