View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkherder
For me, it’s a matter of comfort vs. modesty. Where I live, no one wears a swim brief, at least not to the apartment pool. The only competitive swimmers I’ve seen wear the jammer style. So I’m breaking the mold just wearing a brief style suit. The pool rules state “appropriate attire for family setting” whatever that means. I interpret that to mean, don’t make waves.

My favorite suit is the Gary Madjdell contour pouch bikini. It cradles rather than flattens the goods. However, I choose more modest suits for the community pool that flatten things a bit more while not being too uncomfortable, like the funycell swim briefs you can find on amazon or the arena competition style briefs. Speedo and Tyr briefs are a bit too constricting for my taste.

Basically, I try not to draw attention to the bulge, but at the same time I want to be comfortable.
Here's what I would do to counteract the stigma of men wearing speedos in public -especially for athletic swimming.

​I would find videos of swimmers wearing jammers and copy the following message in the comments:

​"​What are those funny looking "Jammer" swim suits about?

They're supposed to be "faster", but's that's just an excuse for men covering their upper legs and nothing but "ritual wear" intended to make a statement against men wearing speedos and short shorts and "looking Gay".

Covering your upper legs won't make hell's worth of difference about your sexuality and those jammers look just plain WEIRD.​"

I call it "reverse speedophobia" and if enough people make a big stink, things will change pretty fast.