View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 AM

Default Swim team short stories

I thought I'd share a few short episodes from my swim team days. These are/will be completely real, true stories from my days as a swimmer. Hope you like them.

Episode 1: What happens when the pool breaks down.....

I swam on an AAU swim team in the Summer while in High School, in addition to my school team and AAU off season team. It was hard work, but it made us better swimmers. We all wanted to be Olympic swimmers. None of us would make it, but not for lack of effort. We also were really close as a team. You get up at 5:00 am to spend three or four hours in a pool getting your butt kicked… you make fast friends. Our pool was a really nice facility, although we did not really appreciate it as kids like I do now. It was a 50 yard pool, with a nice locker room. However, at 6 am on summer break, as a high school kid, I hated that pool and loved it at the same time.

My routine was to wake up at 5, pee, throw on my suit, pull on some flannel pants and head out the door. I am not even sure i brushed my teeth. It was a 50 minute drive to get to the pool, which meant I went from bed to Speedo to car in like 5 minutes, and from car to pool just in time to make practice. In my pool bag was all my swim gear and one or two back up suits, which were really just old owrn out suits I never unpacked. One day I got to the pool and all my teammates were just hanging around. This was just weird. Why were they not in the pool? I was usually the guy who bolted in, threw off my pajama pants, and had one second to get in the water before coach took my balls in his vice and turned them. He hated late swimmers.

So, we find out the pump screwed up and the chlorine was all screwed up. Coach announced “no swimming today.” You’d think we’d be all excited, but it was 6 am and we all got up at the roosters first call. Coach thought about having us run a few miles instead, but most of us had no shorts or no shoes. Hell, I had two choices, flannel pajama pants or one of my suits. So we all decided to go to breakfast ( well all except coach). If you can’t swim, screw it, just eat. And so we devised a plan for the day. All was not lost.

We went to the beach!

Our beach trip started with quite a dilemma. A few guys had shorts, most of us did not. Most guys had some kind of sports pants or warm ups, I had these wicked plaid pajama pants, the kind with a string in the waist and a button fly so you can pee. And my red and blue Tyr suit under. We all lived all over God’s green earth, so going home to get stuff was not an option. Plus if we got home, chores and crap would screw up the plan. So, we all decided we would just wear whatever we had… eight guys in Speedos, two in shorts, and ten girls in whatever girls wear.

We piled in four cars and headed off to the beach. It was a long drive, but we were all up for it. It was the best day ever. An impromptu beach road trip. It started to get hot by about 8, so I shed the pajama pants and just had on my Tyr suit adn a t shirt. Zach had long striped off his warm ups. We were in a car with another guy who drove (he had shorts on) and a really nice girl that Zach was all google over.

We had the best day at the beach. By noon the two guys in shorts had shed those to wear their Speedos, cause they felt so out of place. Plus I think the str8 guys had this battle to see who could look hotter for the girls. Whatever they were having their male ego battle over was just fine for me. They looked hot as heck.

We played volleyball, walked up and down the beach, wrestled each other in the water, and even went to lunch at a beachside burger place. We bonded like no tomorrow. And I think back that we must have looked damn freaking cute.

Nothing sexual happened that day. But it was an absolute blast all hanging out in our team practice suits. I won’t tell you that I was not a few times aroused, but that was not the point. We had wicked fun, ten guys in Speedos, Tyrs or whatever, ten girls from the team, and we had lots of other guys and girls check us out.

We never did a beach trip like that again, but on one spontaneous day, going to the beach in Speedos was perfectly okay… even for 8 other guys who would normally never be seen in them outside of a swim team event. And one guy who hoped we could do it all again.