View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Cool My Locker room routine

I am not an exhibitionist, but I am not a total towel dancer either. I think I am in the middle somewhere--I guess I would call myself 'normal?' or 'average?' in my behavior...

When I arrive at the locker room to prepare to swim, I will change out of my pants and underwear, and then put on my jammers.

Next my shirt comes off and on goes my rashguard. I then proceed, towel in hand, to the showers to rinse off before going into the pool. (I had read somewhere online that you don't want the first water hitting the swim gear to be chlorinated, but to rinse it off in the shower, first.)

After swimming, I return to the locker room and proceed to the shower. My gym has individual shower stalls with attached small private dressing space.

I take off my jammers and rashguard and rinse each under the shower head. (I really need my gear to last, so I was advised by some great guys, here on the board, to not rinse off while wearing the jammers, as that will push the chlorine back into the suit. But to take off the swim gear then rinse them so the water goes right though.) Then I take my shower as usual.

After the shower, I dry off as much as i can, then wrap my towel around by waist. I exit the shower stall and then go to the spin dryer located back in the locker room and dry both pieces of gear while wearing my towel.

I go to my locker, where I will finish drying, as needed. I then put on my underwear and pants, followed by my shirt. I sit on the bench to be sure to dry my feet before putting on my socks and shoes.

I have observed some guys that will, after showering, get dressed in the little private dressing area attached to the shower stall. I find it is much too wet and too cumbersome to do so. I have also observed the guys that get naked in the locker room and stay naked as much as they can, using the toilet, primping (or even flexing) in front of the large mirrors, for all to see. They usually have bodies where such behavior is fine. With my bigger body, I do not like to show off, so I keep pretty standard/conservative in my locker room nudity. I do not do the towel dance that I have seen some guys do, though. I think that it a little excessive--as one mentioned earlier--like they have something to hide. My gym locations do have a separate, private changing room, where, if one desires, they can use that room to change their clothes where no one can see most of you (it is like a toilet stall, in design--a partial door where one could see your feet and your head). I have seen it used on just a few occasions.

I guess I would summarize my routine as being that I am naked as needed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 04-28-2016 at 04:36 PM.