Thread: What people buy
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Default What people buy

I just noticed that on the web site swimoutlet.com, there are 220 different varieties of swim briefs offered, and 211 jammers. I realize that the variety or range of suits do not indicate the total volume of suits sold, but assuming that swimoutlet.com's customers are a broad representation of the buying public, it seems that briefs are just as popular as jammers.

They do sell 371 types of board shorts though. Given the existing perception that few people wear briefs, the numbers indicate that briefs are more popular than I thought.

My theories:

Perhaps swimoutlet.com is skewed towards those who like the swim seriously or train often, so more people buy briefs than in a typical department store. Or maybe briefs are bought by serious swimmers and they wear out quickly, so they are repeat customers who demand more types of suits Or maybe their customers tend to be people who are comfortable buying on the web and like the variety offered compared to a regular store? Who knows?

Note: the stats for girls/women's suits are quite different, since they have thousands of fashion swimwear, and women buy many more than men.

Last edited by JamesSwim : 12-27-2014 at 01:28 PM.