View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:48 PM

Here's my 'locker' room experience from a weekly barefoot dance event I regularly attend. Regular visitors are of age 45 - 70 years, with 30% men on average.
The event takes place in a high school PE facility, so most patrons take advantage of the changing rooms and showers - there are no lockers, just wardrobe/cloakroom style hooks. The changing rooms are gender separated, so I can only speak about the men's routine.
On arriving, people just change quickly; a few may take a shower when sweaty form their bicycle ride.
After the dance, most men - including me of course - strip naked upon entering the dressing room. Many men will try to stay naked as long as possible. The showers accommodate six people at a time, so you may have to queue. You need to leave your towel in the dry part.
Interestingly, from one end of the room, the matching end of the women's room is in view - there are no doors. To enter the toilet (restroom), men may be exposed to women's eyesight. Some men do wrap a towel for this reason.
Even more interesting, women do not always respect the gender separation and may prefer the men's room which is always less crowded.
Now, this is not America ... It is the Netherlands, barefoot dancing is a very open minded subculture, with a high proportion of naturists.