View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 05:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmin
I am not saying there is a definite trend and that fashion is going back to briefer swimsuits for the young 10 to 15 year old boys but I seem to see more and more. And they seem to agree more openly than ever that they are more comfortable. It seems to me it is more accepted and they are less affraid to be made fun of for wearing them.

One of my young friends at 14 which I swam with regularly before the pandemic started wearing a blue and white patterned Nike swim brief. Water polo style I suppose, it is double lined throughout. He likes it very much and wouldnt wear anything else. From the time he started wearing them, his board shorts disappeared.

At one time he tried one of my Seobean suits that ran too small for me so he decided to give it a try. He absolutely loved it. Much thinner and sleeker than the double lined Nike suit. He really liked the color too and he said they felt really good. He now tried to ask his parents to get one in blue and one in red in his size. The XL he tried was just a tad too big on him.
Very good to hear that the young guy likes them. I sure did at that age. Is it a trend? Not sure but nice to think so. I was about 13 when I started in speedos.