View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:07 AM

Default lycra fade

Great minds think alike - I was noticing just that when scanning through the forums a few days ago.

There are four Mens Swim Suit Forums and two Mens Lycra Forums on the new Board.

The General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk is clearly the popular one and you say
"interesting threads " and "an active group of members" are moving it along.
That's true - but there should be a larger active group of participants as the few faithful contributors largely exist on their own to keep the damned thing alive.
The viewing figures can on occasions go over 1000 , so we have a not insignificat readership out there - but still very few posts appear in print to follow up that interest.

Taking the second of the Lycra Forums first the buy and sell section remains empty after five months - a waste of space which I predicted to Mike long ago and on which he was supposed to undertake a review.

The discussion forum is one where you "feel like writing" but there has to be "an audience willing to contribute".
Quite so - and I can only suggest that you proceed with a post on Lycra and then do another to the Swim Suit General Talk as a reminder that something is here to read (some speedos are made of Lycra so you won't be entirely off-topic for that forum).
It is worth remembering that Speedo and Lycra used to run as parallel but separate Fantasy Boards whereas the latter is reduced now to a Forum on the Mens Swim Suit Board . Whether that constitutes a demotion which has caused earlier contributors to give up their interest I would not like to say - but it will be interesting to see whether the points you have just made spur a few readers into action