View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletlover
Thanks Sebbie, Was going to tone down my spending on fun wearables. Could not pass up the prices and free shipping, but did keep it to just 1 Speedo. Hope it fits.

Happy holidays

Singletlover

It seems to me that Speedo has been having difficulty selling both briefs and Jammers made out of a trademarked fabric they get from a company called REPREVE. The company is making what they call a recycled polyester from plastic, mainly single-use water bottles and bottles used for other beverages such as milk and soft drinks. This is an interesting idea if they can get it to work. The claim is that the polyester is but 52% recycled plastic. But apparently there is no Lycra (Spandex) in the blend. In their descriptions of some of the briefs made from REPREVE, Speedo says expect a somewhat snugger and more compressed fit.

Here is a link for brands using REPREVE https://repreve.com/brands-using-repreve

In addition to the swim briefs I ordered a sale Jammer in the same fabric, size 32 W In other Lycra blend Jammers if anything a 32 W is a touch big on me. I am curious if I have any difficulty getting into that.

Speedo seems to be closing out everything made from REPREVE and I am curious if anything from that fabric shows up on their US site at all in 2024. Maybe the snug fit is a virtue not a weakness, but the reviewers certainly had little positive to say. Another possibility would be to resize everything 4 inches up but for some reason they did not do that. That idea may result in a fit that deters a swimmer from moving fast through the water or appear not look as sleek. And Speedo can hardly sell suits that lack speed.