Thread: Coming Out
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 12:41 PM

Default Coming out (cont'd)

When I got to college, I quickly realized how dumb my idea of trying to rid myself of speedos had been- I mean, I REALLY liked them (still do!). So some point during Freshman year, I went to a Speedo Authentic Fitness store (remember those?) and bought a suit. I can't remember if it was a standard 3" or one of the original solars, but it kept me fulfilled until Sophomore year.

Sophomore year, I got a mailbox off campus at a shipping store, got my own checking account, and boy, did I start collecting speedos. Free from the knowledge of my dorm roommates, I could subscribe to whatever swim catalogs I wanted, and I could order and have shipped to me whatever suits I had a fancy for. I think by the end of my junior year I had close to 30 suits, including at least a couple of my beloved Tyr 1" bikinis. I also vividly remember some kind of special Nike technical suit which was VERY slick and soft. Man, if I had any of those suits now I'd be so happy... but alas, they wouldn't have stood the test of time- it's 20 years later!