View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 02:03 PM

Default (More on) The Speedo “Gay” Swim Briefs

The Speedo “Gay” Swim Briefs

By wearing the same pair of 32” waist “Gay” Speedo briefs, night after night, I am gradually warming up to them. After first having difficulty even getting into the 32 inch pair, I have made some adjustments and worked with them a bit. The really tricky part is getting into them as first time wear out of the package. But with multiple wearings they seem to stretch a bit so getting in and out is no longer as difficult.

A suppose I could say that if a genuine Speedo does not fit really tight it is not a “real” Speedo. Part of the fun of getting into a Speedo the really tight fit. Still, this recycled material seems to have little stretch compared with a poly brief laced with elastane. But still, part of the fun of getting a new Speedo relates to the “struggle” getting into it. Merely thinking about the struggle can easily make a guy hard, and that in itself makes the struggle ever more difficult!

And, of course, there is no bigger fan of snug-fitting clothing than me, but a particular choice is a genuine Speedo that makes it difficult if not impossible to place my penis in the Speedo other than in the classic “up” position, with the underside pressing firmly against the fabric of the pouch. This makes me hard just to think about doing that, and I suspect a lot of other guys are interested in doing the same thing even though I don’t expect the topic to come up in casual conversation. This is not about being straight or gay, but merely something a lot of guys would find as really fun to do, if they only had a tight-fitting Speedo.

What I have discovered is that with one of these suits, it is quite easy to put myself in the up position, and the suit fits snug enough such that wherever the penis tip is, it stays in that one spot. With the pressure from the too-tight Speedo the penis stays semi-hard all night long. I can go to bed with a nice semi, and wake up at 3 AM still semi hard and feeling great. Or, as I did this AM, stay soundly asleep all night long and awaken at 6:30 AM, still feeling really good down there.

The black full lining of these adds another dimension as well. Since my penis stays in one spot and being semi-hard, precum is going to accumulate in one spot. What I always find most interesting is that by wearing the Speedo to bed I am able to generate precum all night long even when I am sound asleep. Precumming is always a favorite time for me, but especially at night!

Still, I keep wondering about how Speedo the company got to the point where they were marketing these particular swim briefs as being targeted as for specifically gay male swimmers. First off, there is no logo or print to suggest that this is a gay pride brief. The fabric pattern does not have mini rainbows on it. It is simply an allover color-block pattern with many diagonal stripes of bright primary colors. But Speedo embraced this as part of a campaign to sell swim briefs to gay males—I guess openly gay males who would immediately realize that the briefs were aimed at the non-straight crowd. But part of this might have been an effort to market these not to gay males entirely but to males who were straight but were supportive of the rights of gay males to live their lives the way they wanted relationship wise. At the same time this seemed to suggest that these briefs were not to be worn by any guy who was not interested in making a public statement regarding straight versus gays, and were in particular not into buying a swimsuit in an effort to make a social statement of some sort.

Obviously, this strategy on the part of Speedo worked poorly and they ended up selling off the briefs really cheap. Since the big clearance sale Speedo does not appear to have gone back into the murky area of trying to sell a swim brief specifically to openly gay customers. Maybe they will again try this stunt, but selling clothing directed to a specific group within the LGBTQ community has proven to be a land mine for many retailers selling clothing (See Target as an illustration) not to mention the Bud Light beer controversy. Speedo had a real cleanout of briefs made from the recycled fabric, but the cheapest ones ended up being made of that fabric plus with advertising claiming that Speedo did not care what “lane” the swimmer was in which more or less announced that if you are not an openly gay male you should therefore not be wearing this brief. Is a public swim meet really the place to sort this all out?

Sometimes, stuff is simply better left unsaid.