Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:03 PM

I think you will find that the purpose of the hard cup is not for erection control (which sounds like it could be painful) but for protection in sports. Something about a baseball smashing into you crotch and ruining your chances at a family. The hard cup is to stop that from happening. It is utilitarian - not fashion.
I have on a couple occasions seen guys wearing the hard cups under speedos and I have to say it was quite funny. The shape is so distinctive and the form quite unnatural so it is obvious. I have also seen one guy with the hard cup that is covered in leather and actually ties on. The one I saw was navy blue leather with a red strap that tied on for a secure fit. I am sure it wasn't meant to be worn as beach attire but his body and tan was something to be admired. Saw him in the restroom rinsing it off. He told me the salt water would ruin the leather and not being able to jump in the surf made it hot to wear. I was hoping he'd let me try it but he got it rinsed off and cooled down and he put it back on and headed out to the beach.