Thread: Surgery issues
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:45 PM

Default 6-month surgical update

All

I thought I would write you an update on my prostate surgery as of this morning. Right now, I am almost exactly 6 months out of the surgery. Not surprisingly, there have been two significant recovery issues, small amounts of urine flow that occur in odd situations, and, difficulty in getting back to having an erection. The fact that orgasms are without semen is not a problem. Indeed, I can masturbate in bed at night without messing up the sheets, something I couldn’t do without a little urine flow a few months ago. Being able to shut off the semen in bed entirely might have proven a quite handy talent when I was 12 or 14!

At this point, the urine flow issue has been pretty much confined to two situations. First, anything that presses on my butt can cause this to happen, even just drying my butt with a towel can do it. Not a lot of urine though, just a few drops, usually. I suspect that guys who stick whatever in their butts would have a potential issue here, however (attention gay guys!). Things in the butt normally massage the prostate through the rectum, and neither the prostate nor the prostate valves that shut off urine flow at that point are there any more, and there is usually a little urine in urethra beyond the bladder. Thong underwear is a bit dangerous to well, as the pressure from the strap on the back of the thong often cinches up tight right into the butt area pressing against the spot where the prostate was, and I am still running experiments on this using various thongs to determine exactly what happens and when.

The other situation normally occurs when I otherwise would have been precumming prior to surgery. This is, of course. At the very early stages of sexual arousal. I am discovering that this is a lot more complicated that I thought. This morning I was feeling kinda horny, and I decided it would be fun and sexually enjoyable today to just wear a skimpy little jock strap around the house today under compression shorts, when I am working around the house, excercising etc. Before the surgery the tight strap would get me precumming, no problem, and rather quickly. So I got a tight little strap in place and immediately shot a tiny stream of urine, not much but more than a few drops.

I pulled the strap down to check and, lo and behold there was a nice little spot that was clearly precum, between the size of a dime and a quarter. Psychologically I was feeling pretty good too, much as if I had been precumming in the old (pre-surgical) days. The only tricky part is figuring out how to deal with the little urine stream that accompanies or just precedes this, and I can go back to my much-beloved precumming employing a strap, thong or a tiny suit. In the case of the strap I am wearing today, the thinner urine stream went right through the coarse textured rubberized pouch, leaving the viscous precum stain pretty much intact in the pouch. Interesting!

The other issue, of course, is if, when and at what level will real erections start to occur. As I indicated, I am about 6-months away from the so-called nerve-sparing laparoscopic prostate surgery. The surgeons face the dilemma of not wanting to leave any of the tumor behind and yet leaving their patients as intact as possible with respect to being able to regain an erection post-surgery. Every prostate and surgery is different. My surgeon tells me he thinks he left me in pretty good shape to eventually get my erections back. A lot of the surgeries happen on older guys who didn’t get good erections pre-surgery, so sparing erection nerves is not an issue in these surgeries, but my surgeon knew that was not where I was pre-surgery.

After even nerve-sparing surgery, the nerves at the base of the prostate take a long time to heal so they are functional again. All the literature I read said figure a minimum of 12 months, maybe 18 months if at all. Here is what I have observed.

1st three months: My penis just sat there, about 2 inches long. If I worked at it long enough I could stimulate myself into an orgasm, but that was accompanied by a flow of urine which was more than disconcerting to say the least. My penis remained soft through all of this, and barely over 2 inches long.

4th month. Occasionally I would lie in bed and wake up thinking I was starting to feel some real sexual tension in my penis again. I would stimulate myself and started doing measurements, and discovered my erect penis was pushing 4 inches. By the way, erect penis measurement is not an exact science, and it partly depends on how much you push skin back at the groin to take the measurement.

6th month (now) I am starting to be able to have dry orgasms that are not accompanied by significant urine flow start to finish. Each week as I experiment some more I keep feeling just a bit more tension in the grown area. My penis still does not get to a place that I would call “hard” but it does feel quite pleasant. And the orgasms seem to be getting stronger, little by little. My ruler says that at my best right now, and, interestingly, immediately post- not pre-orgasm, I could be up to 4 ˝ inches. I just read a study that claims the average male erect penis length is 5.6 inches. If that is the case I only have a bit more than an inch to go to be at least “average” again. My chances of becoming a record breaker is nill, but then I never was that anyway. I’m thinking more along the lines of something that looks neat semi-erect in a Seobean or Aqux, and that should potentially be much more doable.
I want to also say that still have quite a ways to go, a minimum of 6-12 months, when I hope this will really start to come together, but for now, I am on track, I think.

You guys may not fully appreciated it, but your posts of photos and stories have been very useful in my post-surgical recovery, and for those I am grateful. Come to think of it, I need to locate one of those rotating vibrators like that cameraman in the Japanese Speedo video had. I suspect that would be useful therapy for me.

Sebbie