View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 06:59 PM
Speedo Member

Default Evolution of Friends - Part 7

TRY SOMETHING ELSE

David and Alex continued wearing their shorts from their apartments to Andy’s apartment. I assumed that walking a block or two along a public street in nothing but a thong was not in their “comfort zone.”

I knew both David and Alex had seen me walking toward Andy’s apartment without shorts. They knew I was really doing it. Still, it was only Andy and I who went the entire distance from our apartments to the beach wearing only a thong.

I told Andy, “On the way back from the beach today, let’s stop at the store close to the beach. They always have people there. Almost all their customers are either going to the beach or have been there. So, people wearing swimwear is common.”

Andy said he had stopped at the store before and knew they have good sandwiches. “Is that why you want to stop?” My reply was “It doesn’t really matter why we stop, but that’s a good reason. We just need to get out of the van and let people see us, away from the beach, wearing only thongs. Enough to let David and Alex know it’s OK to be seen in public so nearly-naked.”

About an hour before it was time for us to leave the beach, I “remembered” that I needed to get something to eat before getting back to the apartment. Andy “mentioned” the store as a good place with good sandwiches. I told him “Let’s stop there.”

By now, Alex realized we were going to stop at a public place away from the beach while wearing only our thongs. I pretty sure the idea intrigued him since he asked Andy about the sandwiches. He decided that he also wanted a sandwich.

David said he had plenty to eat at his apartment, but we could stop if we wanted. We left just a few minutes earlier than normal so we would have some time for the store.

There was an open parking space not far from the store entrance, next to another van. I didn’t expect David to get out of our van, but he said he recognized the two guys in the other van as two musicians who routinely busked at small venues like this store. Now I was certain that David wouldn’t get out, but he did!

David not only got out of the van, but also talked with his friends in the wide-open view of a fairly busy parking lot, while wearing only his thong. David brought in a couple pieces of equipment and helped the musicians set up.

Meanwhile, the other three of us made our way to the sandwich counter and took our time looking over the menu before we placed our order. I thought taking our time would be pushing the limit. Then the sandwich maker did everything possible to assure our sandwiches were correct. She kept asking us to point to what we wanted on the sandwich. She asked questions that required us to stretch, bend and even squat.

When the musicians began to plan, David returned and rushed us, “You guys need to hurry up. The line is getting long.” I heard a woman a few places back in the line say, “No hurry. The wait is worth it.”

Our sandwiches were finally complete, so we were able to leave. The “chef” wanted us to eat at the picnic area just outside the building. It was clearly visible from the sandwich counter, but she pointed it out. The eyes of everyone in line behind us followed. We thought about eating there, but realized we really needed to get home for our afternoon sleep before work.

A small crowd had gathered to listen to the music. When we left the inside of the store, there was a round of applause in the middle of the song, which I thought quite unusual.

That stop at the store must have been the “requirement” David needed. The next morning, David arrived at Andy’s apartment a little early and without shorts. Yes, he had walked the block along a public street wearing only his thong. I was last to arrive that day. Andy kept the surprise for me. I didn’t realize until that afternoon when David didn’t go to retrieve his shorts.

That afternoon, Alex realized that he was the only one still wearing shorts from his apartment to Andy’s apartment. He did exactly what I suspected he would do. The next morning, Alex walked the blocks from his place wearing just his thong.

I have to say that I was envious of David and especially Alex. Maybe I should move farther away so I’d have to walk a few blocks walk along a public street in only my thong?