View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 06:33 PM

Story: Family Tradition

Bernard was the second brother of four in the Fluox household. He has an elder brother named Alistair, who is 22, and two younger brothers named Cory (20) and David (17). Bernard is really close to his brothers and they share many similarities, such as their love for the beach.

Alistair was the trendsetter of the bunch. Once, he came home with a buzzcut due to shoddy skills from the salon, and it inspired the rest of his brothers to get matching buzzcuts. With the idolisation from his brothers, he had grown to become a confident man.

The Fluox brothers had always worn big dorky boardshorts to the beach during their weekends. On Alistair’s 21st birthday, they went surfing. But the strong currents swept away his boardshorts and left him in just his pair of speedos. His brothers offered to help him find his boardies but Alistair refused. He was confident of himself and didn’t need those shorts to hide his masculinity. He brushed them off and continued to enjoy the surfs that day… setting a trend for his younger brothers to follow.

Bernard had long admired Alistair’s courage. Seeing Alistair’s carefree joy as he swam in the waves in nothing but his speedos was inspiring. His brother’s blue and yellow speedo had small sides and was attracted lots of attention from girls. On a few occasions, Bernard had picked out a nice speedo to wear underneath his boardshorts, intending to shed them to join his brother. But he had always chickened out. But today is different.

It was Bernard’s 21st birthday and his brothers had intended to celebrate the day at the beach. Bernard had chosen a pair of loose black sungas to wear under his boardshorts. It was the most modest pair of speedos he could find, and he was determined to slowly ease himself into it. But once he was at the beach, he was having second thoughts… What if he gets a boner at the beach in the black sungas? What if anyone from school saw him?

"Are you joining us?" yelled Alistair, who was having a game of frisbee amongst the waves with his other brothers. Alistair was wearing a slim pair of blue speedos with yellow accents on them.

"Just a minute!" Bernard replied, fumbling around in his bag pretending to stall for time to pluck up enough courage to shed his boardshorts.

Abandoning the game, Alistair walked up to Bernard to talk to him. “I know just what you’re looking for…” Alistair reached into his own bag and pulled out a pair of blue speedos. They were brand-new and came in the size 30 - which was exactly Bernard’s size.

"What’s this?"

"I knew you’ve always wanted to join me in wearing speedos at the beach. But I figured that you probably don’t have a suitable pair. I picked this up today for you. Go and change in the toilet and hand me your boardshorts when you’re done."

Bernard’s mouth was agape. He was pleasantly surprised that his brother got him this gift. He went to the cubicle and put on the pair of speedos. It was tight on him and fit him like a glove… It was much better than the loose pair of black sungas that he had brought. Feeling much more confident, he deposited his boardshorts and black sungas in the trash before rejoining Alistair.

"Where’s the pair of boardshorts?"

Bernard grinned, “I threw them away. I have no use for them anymore.” Despite wearing so little, Bernard never felt more comfortable in his life. The way the fabric contours and supports his body made him feel really manly.

"Wow. That’s great to hear. But we have dinner plans at the beach steakhouse later… And you didn’t bring any other pair of shorts to wear."

"Well, Alistair. You should join me in wearing just speedos! It will be a new tradition for Cory and David."

And that’s exactly what they did. Alistair and Bernard wore only speedos to dinner at the steakhouse while everyone else in the diner were in assorted beachwear and shorts. But Bernard basked in the new-found attention and most certainly enjoyed his 21st birthday. Everyone complimented him on how the blue color of the speedos made his skin tone look really good.

Now, he just can’t wait till Cory’s 21st birthday next year. Since Cory loved wearing his pair of red and white floral boardshorts, Bernard is thinking that he should be given a pair of red speedos with white prints… Soon, there will be another speedo guy joining the family…