View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM

Default Part 4: Cody Becomes a Swimmer

As it turned out, making Cody a swimmer was not going to be a tough task. We all met up in our room to head over for our first session. I had already put on my suit, so when Cody walked in our room, I was standing there in a green print Tyr suit, nothing else on, yet. Zach had his suit on and had a pair of cargo shorts over. Cody had on a pair of jeans and he had a towel rolled up. As I slipped on a pair of running shorts over my suit I asked if Cody already had his swim suit on. “Yeah, under my jeans,” he replied.

At the pool, we all slipped off our respective clothes. Zach and I had our swim lockers. I let Cody hang his jeans and shirt in mine. Zach and I were both in our respective Tyr and Speedo suits, Zach had on a black Speedo with gold trim, an older team practice suit. Cody was in blue Nylon shorts, kind of like soccer shorts. I was disappointed to not see the suit I lent him. “I’m not really a swimmer yet, so I didn’t feel right wearing your suit,” Cody said.

“Okay, I’ll let you off the hook today,” I replied. “But after tonight you will be a real swimmer,” I added.

“I think Ryan just wants to see you in a Speedo,” Zach chimed in, “he has this thing for guys in Speedos.”

“Hey, dude…” I quipped back, hitting him in the arm.

The pool was pretty empty. There were a few folks there, including two girls from the women’s swim team doing some extra drills, and a couple other girls. “Hey Zach, Ryan,” the two swim team girls called out. We stopped and chatted and introduced Cody.

“Your friend’s a cutie” Beth said, making Cody blush and smile. We turned and jumped in the lane next to them. Beth and Amy went on about their routine.

“Okay, show me what you got,” I said to Cody. Zach and I watched as he set out on his first lap. It was actually really good. He was breathing correctly, he had a pretty good stroke and he had a nice kick. Not swim team form, but not bad.

“Damn, he looks good” Zach said.

“I know,” I replied, “way better than I expected. Oh, you mean his swimming” laughing

We spent a solid 45 minutes in the pool. We went through all the strokes. Cody was not as good on the others, but his free was alright. He swam the whole time, except for when we gave him advice and instructions. Nothing fancy and no flip turns or anything.

Beth and Amy were finishing up as we were. Beth was really interested in Cody, she kept stopping and watching him. When we finished she stayed in the pool while Amy got out, and told Cody he looked really good in the water.

“You know, though, if you really want to swim better, you gotta dump the shorts” she said. Cody looked at me when she said that and smiled.

“She’s right,” I added.

“Plus with your body, you’d look awesome in a real swimsuit” Beth added. Cody clearly enjoyed being complimented.

“Hey, I am going to go do a few dives,” I said. I wasn’t a really good diver, but I could do dives off both the low and high boards, just not fancy ones. “you guys chat, I said.” Zach and I went over to the dive area. In a way I was kind of pissed that Beth came swooping in like that. A couple of dives would shake it off.

Zach was not a diver so he watched. After my two dives on the lower board, I went to the high dive. This captured the eye of a couple of girls (well, college age). I got up there, stood on the platform. I checked my suit tie and retied it (never go off a high dive with a loose suit). I gotta admit I get a little nervous, but I walked out did a good solid jump and made a nice straight dive in.

There is this routine one you are in the water that I think every diver goes through. First you return upright, then you check to see that your suit it still on, and then you check that everything is still in the right place in your suit. At least, I do.

I did a second dive.

“Show off” Zach said as I climbed out of the water. “You got some fans” he added pointing his head towards the two girls who were now sitting on the side of the pool, watching.

Zach and I walked back over to Cody and Beth, who were having quite the conversation. We stood on the side, Cody and Beth still in the water. The two girls got out and walked over to us.

“You’re a really good diver” one of them said.

“Thanks,” replied.

“Are you on the diving team?”

“No, I’m not that good. I am on the men’s swim team,” I said. “so is he,” I added pointing to Zach.

“Well, that explains why you guys are so fit” one of them said.

We chatted for a few minutes. Zach got both their names and learned they swim a couple times a week.

In the locker room, Cody was all jazzed up. He had met Beth and seemed to hit it off, he did a great job swimming and he watched as two girls came over and chatted up Zach and me. “Beth and I are going to come here tomorrow night” Cody announced. “You guys can come to” he added. “I really like her and she seems to like me.”

He could not believe how the two girls just came up to us. “It’s the suits” Zach pointed out. “Guys in Speedos turn girls on.”

“Well, maybe the right guys” I added.

“Yeah, maybe” Cody said. “I can’t wait to come back tomorrow.”

“You better not wear those shorts again, you heard what she said about getting the right swim suit”

“See, he really wants to see you in a Speedo” Zach added with a chuckle,

“No, I know. I’m going back to my room and I am going to try that suit on” Cody said with excitement. “ I gotta impress Beth.” I almost offered to help, but Zach knew what I was thinking and gave me that straight guy look that said don’t go there.

The thought of Cody trying on that suit made me smile. We all headed out the door. Tomorrow was going to be an exciting day.

Up Next: Cody's puts on his first swim brief....