Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 01:11 PM

Default On Penis Rings

On Penis Rings

I confess, on the subject of penis rings, I am a rather late arrival. I had known for a long time that some guys liked to use rings strictly for “recreational” wear, but I was having a great deal of fun wearing other sorts of things for my long-running nightly “recreation”. Swim briefs of course, but anything that fit “snug” down there, Straps, thongs and even especially snug-fitting jeans. And I really fell for compression gear—shirts, shorts and full running tights. I was hooked on all of it!

Then, in early 2014 I lost my prostate to surgery. I was told that I could still have (dry) orgasms, but it was going to be tougher to get and sustain the kinds of erections that I considered normal pre-surgery. That has been basically true for the decade that followed, but I have certainly had fun trying. I ran into other things too, like vacuum pumps and electrical stimulating devices. These latter items are also popular with many guys who have still got intact prostates.

Viewing all of this positively, I have had a very enjoyable time experimenting with various devices designed to make me happy after the unfortunate surgery. I could write a book on the various techniques I have employed, and I have not in any way lost my enthusiasm for enjoying myself.

For me at least, finding and employing a penis ring of just the right size, shape and texture has been a significant part of the fun. I am going to focus on the rubbery silicone rings that intact guys who are having difficulty maintaining an erection commonly employ.

Guys normally do not crawl into a ring unless they are 1. Feeling horny, and 2. Already have at least a partial erection going on. This partial erection could be in part obtained and maintained by plain old masturbation, perhaps supplemented with a lubricant or perhaps a gel soap. The basic idea is to snap the ring on and bring it to the base of the penis—a bit like a similar technique employed to put on a condom—which also must be done while at least semi-erect (and there are some psychologically and physically fun aspects of that as well). Penises are “smart". They love being caressed and played with and exposing them to things a guy has not done before to them, often provides an interesting and worthwhile “response”. Even just thinking about getting into a penis ring for the very first time may be quite enjoyable in an erotic sort of way. I love feeling horny and if just thinking about having a ring on causes this to happen all the better. The important part here is that you kick back and enjoy the situation you are thinking about erotically.

A quick eBay search leads to a selection of all sorts of silicone rings, and just sorting through the option that will hopefully be in your mailbox a few days away can be a turn-on. (Like waiting for a snug-fitting swim brief to arrive in your mailbox a few days from now. And why not wear a ring under that favorite swimwear item!)

The two basic kinds of rings you will find on eBay are typically the clear ones that have slight bumps or round beads all around. These are generally quite stretchy which means that they are easy the put on and remove, but, when placed at the base of the penis, they provide less support or blood flow restriction than the other kind.

The other kind generally are made of thicker silicone, and usually black or blue in color. These stretch but are “stronger” and once in place provide somewhat greater tension (aka blood flow restriction).

All of these come in various sizes--small, medium and large. Matching your own penis to just the right size ring is part of the fun. For guys new to this, I recommend first purchasing a set of the clear beaded ones, and typically a set will include small, medium and large sizes. Get used to putting on and removing the rings after masturbating to at least a partial erection with a lubricant or gel. Determining exactly when it works best to put on the ring relative to your erection size is part of the discovery process. But if you are doing this correctly, the sensations from the ring in place should be quite enjoyable.

As you become more proficient at this you will probably want to explore how the thicker non-beaded (blue ior black) rings fit and feel as well. The sensations from these heavier duty rings are a bit different, more powerful, and, I think, ultimately more enjoyable.

Another possibility is to use one of the heavier non beaded rings at the base of the penis with one of the stretchier beaded rings over the glans.

Of course, if you are using a vacuum pump to assist in getting a firm erection (these are fun even for guys with intact prostates!) you stretch the ring over the top of the pump sheath and then snap it on to the base of your penis.

So, however you got the erection, I assume you now have one with a ring at the base. This is a great time to use a lubricant or gel soap to further help you enjoy the situation you are in. Given that, I need not provide you with any more advice about what to do to yourself. But a hot tub bath is also a great way to get the most out of your condition. If you have a sexual partner, you could also bring your partner in on all of this for a shared erotic experience.

But this is great fun and a great place to be for single, unattached guys as well. I crawl into a hot tub, still horny and erect as all get out, and simply kick back and enjoy all the really pleasant sensations I am experiencing from start to finish.

Last edited by sebbie : 10-23-2023 at 07:33 PM.