View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 AM

Default continued interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
Walmart uses Jocket as an underwear supplier, but this is sold under the "Life" brand name. They used to sell both briefs and thongs in Lycra, 3 or 4 to a pack. All they carry are the briefs now, or they did the last time I checked, They are sold in cotton, but they also sell a lycra blend with nylon. The style is similar to a Speedo brief with about 2-inch side. The material is thinner than what would be normally used for a swimsuit, but otherwise similar. There is no front ubderliner, nor is there a cord, just an elastic waistband covered with he brief material. These also are abailable in squarecuts with a pouch.

Sebbie

It's interesting that even in a popular store chain like Walmart, people are purchasing men's lycra blend briefs, but less so for swimwear. So it seems that people have a continued preference for that style -- but maybe not in public beaches as swimwear.

The Life underwear web site shows a string bikini http://www.lifeunderwear.com/popups/popup_fashion3.asp but it's 100% cotton.

In other popular department stores such as Target I see many briefs of that type. I just don't know if they are getting more popular nowadays. It does seem like it, given there are more brands now making that type of brief

Last edited by JamesSwim : 10-16-2012 at 05:42 AM.