View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 01:01 PM

Default Elite Sports Singlet

I have been looking at the Elite Sports singlets on Amazon for some time.

They are a $20 item

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PVHP7M4/

I finally ordered a blue one. Sizing these is the tricky part. Several years ago I ordered Asics singlets in three different colors, black, navy and forest green. I got those in size SM. They fit nice and snug but the straps are relatively easy to get on and off,

Then a year or so later I spotted a red one from Russell. I ordered that one in MED. I can get the straps over my shoulders but it is always a struggle. But the singlet itself is quite a bit bigger than the Asics.

So I debated what size to get, SM, MED or even LRG I settled on ordering a MED. The body of this singlet is smaller than the Russell but bigger than the Asics. The straps do go over my shoulders but its not quite the struggle the Russell is.

I see a few of the Elite singlet reviewers are also complaining that the straps are a bit too short. But if you size up the body of the singlet is no longer as form-fitting. Personally I think the straps on the MED could use about 1 more inch. In an actual wrestling situation the whole idea is for the singlet to fit snug enough so there is no loose cloth your opponent can grab onto and pull you down, so the whole idea is a fit almost like a second skin. But a 150 lb wrestler might very well be 6'2" or 5'6" and the same size singlet is not going to fit both wrestlers in the 150 lb weight class equally well. The taller wrestler will likely end up with a looser-fitting singlet. I'm 5' 10" and 150 lbs so I should be somewhere in the middle of this.

The quality of the Elite Singlet is good but not quite the equal of the old asic singlets i have. Asic is still available but i have not seen any for $20 for a long time.

The bright blue Elite singlet is way cool gear for my stationary rowing. It could also be used for rowing over water as it is very similar to singlets sold specifically for rowing teams.