View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Welcome uktrunks and bondi231, do you get your black Adidas trunks at Sports Direct? I look forward to reading posts from both of you are hearing of you opinions and preferences.
Keep wearing your briefs, swimming and having your say.

Hi! No I bought 2 pairs of Adidas Infinitex 3-stripe swimming briefs from Amazon two years ago: one in black, the other in royal blue. I love the fabric, which is extremely soft and clingy, and the cut is extremely comfortable: very high in the leg, but with a good pouch for the essentials. Though I'm really a 34", I bought the 36" and it has turned out a good choice: because of the fabric, the trunks aren't at all baggy, and I lace them up tightly and find that works very well for a long swim.

Later, because the blue trunks were beginning to wear out (I do a lot of swimming and they were my favourites), I bought some Adidas Inifinitex Inspiration trunks. Also from Amazon, and I think European stock. Because of the size dilemma I just mentioned, I went for a size 4 rather than 5, and it turned out to be a bad choice. I like the look of the Inspiration, which has a coloured side panel, with the three stripes at an angle rather than straight, but I was disappointed by the fit which was very tight: I think the style of side panel makes the trunks much less stretchy than the others, and the fabric is less soft and clingy. The Inspiration trunks also seem to sit lower over your hips, less high cut at the legs (which gives a lot of freedom). So I ended up getting some Manta trunks from Amazon, which have been pretty good - though I'll continue wearing my old black Adidas 3-stripe till they finally give up!