View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 PM

Default Not sure what to make of the purple face...

To NJH:

In all, I have posted over 100 printed pages of story across all my volumes and chapters. I believe, other than an occasional typo, you have raised the first error I have ever had show up. In the scheme it's not all that significant. Having said that, I really don't get the purple face.... I really don't think the error was all that big a deal, and if you read the rest of the story, it is clear what Scott really had on. The error came from a cut and paste on a future chapter (foreshadowing...lol) that I must have accidently pasted in the wrong place, which is why it also screwed up the syntax of the sentence (you should know i am a far better grammatical writer than that sentence).

It is funny, my novels (the ones that I make a living with) get proofed by a team of editors, proofers, and focus readers and they have let bigger f-ups slip through. Of course, those are not about swim suits, much more main-stream. It is tough to read your own work. I must have read that line six times and never even saw my own screw up. I read the line as I had intended to write it. I even had to hunt for the "error" after your post.

Btw, you're welcome that I worked really hard on this chapter (and it was really a pretty good one, imho). Oh yeah, I don't think you even made mention of appreciation.