View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Speedo Member

Default Evolution of Friends - Part 4

ISSUE

There was something about Andy during the first minutes each day. He seemed a little disappointed and frustrated. I had the sense of a potential problem and I wanted to test an idea. On a morning when I was the first to arrive, I asked, “Andy, why do you go to the beach without shorts when the rest of us wear shorts?”

“I’ve tried to get them to go without shorts, but they won’t do it,” Andy said with disappointment in his voice.

He had no sooner finished his comment when David and Alex arrived. Andy put on his tank top and asked us, “Is today the day you guys leave your shorts here?”

That would have been a shocking statement if he and I had not just talked about the subject. David and Alex had obviously heard the question before because they smiled at the thought. Alex barely shook his head “no” and David commented “Not now.” And that seemed to close the subject.

Andy’s question remained “open” in my mind. I saw that David and Alex never removed their shorts until Andy took off his shirt, whether or not I had removed my shorts. When I realized this was happening, I wanted to have a conversation with Andy. So, I got to his apartment a bit early.

“Andy, a few days ago you asked about leaving our shorts here. First, I want you to know that I like the concept of going to the beach wearing nothing but my thong. I’m in. And, I think David and Alex will do it too.”

Andy's eyes were wide-opened, I continued before he could speak. “As much as I’d like to do that, I am not ready if I am the only one. And I believe the others feel the same.”

“But you won’t be the only one. I never wear shorts!,” Andy exclaimed.

I continued, “That’s not exactly true. One thing needs to happen, first."

Andy was all ears when he asked, “What?"

"If David, Alex, and I go to the beach without shorts, then each of us will be wearing only a thong. We will be nearly naked for the entire trip!"

Andy’s grin was from ear-to-ear when I added, "But, until we get to the beach, you won’t be as nearly naked as us. You will still be wearing a shirt.”

I could see the “light bulb” look on Andy’s face. "I never thought of that. The only thing stopping them from leaving their shorts is that I’m wearing a crop top?"

I replied, "I think so. David and Alex obviously liked the “no shorts” idea when you presented it. They just said “no” when you put on your shirt. I think they have been waiting for you to go first."

Andy nodded with understanding, "So, I’ll leave my shirt off today and ask them again!"

I cautioned, “Don’t ask them today. Just be normal when they arrive with one exception. When we go to the van, leave your shirt here at home. David and Alex may make some comments. Just brush them off. But do not ask them to leave their shorts here today. Let them do that when they are ready. OK?”

Within minutes, Alex then David arrived and we headed for the van. Andy made sure he was the last to leave his apartment. So, the rest of us were near the van when David and Alex got their first look at the always short-less, but now also shirtless, Andy.

David asked, “You forgot your shirt?”

Andy replied “No, I decided it was time to leave it at home along with my shorts.”

During the ride to the beach, Andy tolerated a little kidding from David and Alex. The jest of Andy’s replies was "This is fun” and I nodded my approval. The rest of the day was "fun". It always was.

I had a sensation on this ride. It wasn’t as “strange” to have four shirtless guys in the van as it seemed when one was wearing a shirt.

On the way to the beach, I decided to take a small action, myself. When we arrived and I got out, instead of heading directly to the beach, I removed my shorts and left them in the van. Now, it was both Andy and me going from the beach parking lot to the beach wearing nothing but our thongs. Neither David nor Alex commented, but I could tell that they approved. When we returned to the van, I put my shorts back on before getting in.

When we returned to Andy's parking lot, David and Alex left directly from the van for their apartments, as usual. I hung back to tell Andy something. “Here’s what I think. Keep going without a shirt, wearing only your thong. In a few days, I’ll ask the question for you.”

Last edited by bluethongguy : 05-28-2022 at 06:57 PM.