Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 01:02 PM

Default Such sweet sensations

I’m certain my readers long ago have concluded that despite these stories being told through the eyes, minds and bodies of four male college freshmen, Bill, Joe, Josh and Dylan, they are loosely based on my own experiences growing up and as a young adult as well. A few of the stories go outside the realm of my own personal experiences, but they represent activities that I would have liked to have happen had the situation arose. The four guys are a bit more daring than I would have been with respect to what they would have attempted under the various circumstances. But still, for college-age youth, a lot of young adult males quickly get themselves into various kinds of “trouble” brought about in part because being a college student away from home presents opportunities to do things a guy might not have dared do when still living at home with his parents watching every move a guy makes. Too, some of the fears that guys have when they were younger about getting observed with an erection for no apparent reason, or being seen masturbating by another guy or even ejaculating gradually become less of a fear at least for many guys.

I have thought about all of this a lot over the years. There is a lot of discussion about bullying in grade school and high school, and how this can be a major problem or issue for many young people. I suspect, but cannot prove, that a lot of bullying incidents involving males involve some event related to masturbation, perhaps a guy inadvertently being discovered masturbating by one or more other males and then being teased or bullied about it. Sadly, the bullying becomes some guy’s response to how they are attempting to deal with their own sexual feelings and sensations at that point in their lives. Translated, this means that the guys doing the bullying of another guy who was accidentally discovered jerking off are likely also “chronic” masturbators as well, but it is just that they have been lucky enough to not yet having been discovered doing so! Heck, every guy does it, it is just that some guys quickly figure out ways to cover their tracks more successfully than others are accomplishing at the time.

Then too, there is the complexity related to how solo sex might or might not relate to whether a guy is ultimately going to be straight or gay. Less masculine looking guys (however that is defined) of smaller, less athletic stature and interests probably face greater challenges in that regard, than say, the star high school football player. Now the star football player could ultimately be gay, too, but will face fewer open challenges of this sort than the small-statured, non-athletic guy.

All of what is going on poses an array of challenges. Most guys, regardless of where they might ultimately land on a sexual orientation scale, would probably find it interesting and even (if only a bit) arousing, to get to observe another guy masturbating and would not be repelled in the least by observing this (indeed quite the opposite) but would be very uncomfortable about the possibility of other guys knowing that they were simply an observer and not even actively engaged themselves.

It might help to think of Dylan and Josh in this regard, and their experiences over the course of these many chapters. Think of what YOU would have done if faced with a similar situation. Josh and Dylan cooped up in a tiny men’s dorm room with little if any individual privacy. Josh comes home from class that let out a little early, and pops into the room using his own key only to see Dylan playing with himself and (obviously) enjoying himself immensely. Had you been in Josh’s shoes, would you have been repelled by what you were seeing, and attempt to leave as quickly as you entered, or would you have stayed in the room to watch? If you were in Dylan’s situation, would you have immediately stopped doing what you were doing and tried to cover your erection or would you have kept right on going and eventually completing the task.

This is an endlessly fascinating puzzle in male sexuality for which there is no obvious scripted answer. Perhaps if you were Josh, you would also become quickly aroused by what you were observing first hand and quickly attempt to start masturbating yourself. Or would your own actions as Josh be constrained by the possibility that what you and Dylan were doing (mutual masturbation) was actually the first stage of gay sex and being gay? Maybe, but maybe not. The puzzle whose answer is unclear is not how two guys, Josh and Dylan, dealt with the situation at hand, but rather the question of how MOST guys out there might have responded in a similar situation. I guess one response could be that the only guys who would not be repelled by seeing their roommate obviously masturbating would be guys who are either gay or at minimum have a significant gay/bisexual streak in who they are. But really, is there any scientific basis for this claim? No one is being harmed here. Just sweet sensations that makes being a guy such a great experience.

To be continued…