View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 05:43 PM

Default Seasons change! Clothing must change with the seasons

Seasons change! Clothing must change with the seasons

All of you know that I have a very consistent exercise program in my home gym. I have two rowing machines, a stationary bike and an elaborate piece of weight lifting equipment. I use this equipment from 1 ½ to 2 hours per day, pretty extensive for a 72 y/o like me. But I am pretty much stuck in the house what with Covid and all, nothing much to do other than exercise and watch TV.

But that also means I can wear whatever I want, pretty much. Somehow, swim briefs have never worked very well for the exercise routine I am in. But compression gear does work very well. All summer long, you would find me exercising wearing a compression tee and compression shorts. Either that or occasionally a wrestling singlet, something very similar to what the guys wear who do compression rowing competitively, and not that different from what the water rowers wear.

Underneath, everything works the best with a snug-fitting pair of tighty whiteys, a little more padding for my bottom on the rowing and cycling seats. For the summer I have both swimming jammers from Speedo, Tyr, sporti and others, but I also have a big assortment of compression shorts from brands like Tesla, Starter, Nike, Bollinger and others. My compression shorts get very heavy use. Then I have some wrestling singlets I like from Asics, and one that is a bit of a pain to het into from Russell Some real football pants from Russell too.

What with Covid and all I can go a week without wearing anything like a shirt or jeans. I get a lot of use out of these clothing items and I always feel that the right clothes for exercising makes the time move swiftly.

But the seasons are beginning to change and today is cooler than it has been. Time to move from the compression shorts to my compression running tights that have been the main topic of these posts. I have several of the Tesla brand plus some others from companies like Russell but I think I like the Teslas the best. I picked out one of my favorite pairs of Teslas today. I love the snug fit and the sizing. They really do fit me like a second skin, but remain comfortable for all the movements involved is stationary rowing and cycling.

I feel great even though I am stuck in the house and part of feeling great means having clothing that looks great and is fun to wear. As the weather turns skill cooler I will probably add more layers, but more about that another time.