View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:05 PM

I guess I'm old school. (age 60). When we went to school, nudity in the locker room was no big deal. In fact in our gym class in Chicago Public High Schools, the boys swam nude. (https://drgeraldstein.wordpress.com/...ublic-schools/)

Fast forward a few years and my routine at the Bally's Fitness Clubs were like this. Go in locker room, strip, grab suit/towel/shaving bag and go to the showers. These were gang showers that had maybe 8 or so nozzles. Take a hot soapy shower, put my suit and go swimming. After swim, back to showers, take suit off, rinse suit, take non-soapy rinsing shower. Hit sauna and or steam, still nude. (sitting on a 2nd towel). Hot soapy shower, dry off, shave.. still nude. Get dressed and go to work.

Overall I was probably nude more then today's standards would find acceptable. But back then it was normal. We didn't think of it as exhibitionism... it was just the way everybody did it.

Last month we got a few pass to an LA fitness. I was amazed at the change in locker room etiquette. Even in the sauna which was traditionally nude, there were guys were wearing their baggie swim suits. I walked in there and had to leave immediately because of the chlorine smell from wet swimming pool clothes being in a heated environment.