View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:07 PM

Default Part 3: The Hot Tub....

Like clockwork, I was wide awake the next morning at 4:45am. The room was dark with just the glow through the shades from the lights outside. I rolled over and looked across at Zach, who was once again on top the covers. His shorts were tented and his right arm was laying bent, with his hand nestled between his legs. He appeared to be sound asleep, but whatever he was dreaming about had him pretty engaged. I laid quietly watching him for a few minutes, finally venturing one foot out from the covers, then the other. As I often did, I slept in an old stretched out team suit from high school, strings not tied.

I got up, slipped of the suit I slept in, and grabbed a suit out of my drawer and slipped it on. I fumbled for my shorts and T-shirt. Zach stirred a bit. I watched as he slid his hand up on his shorts and adjusted himself. I smiled, scribbled a note, and grabbed my stuff for class and headed out the door. I was at the pool at 5:15am and was the second person in the water.

Resting between sets, a voice from behind startled me. “Back again.” I turned to see the older guy from yesterday standing on the side, stretching his arms behind his back. The stance pushed his waist out a little. He was in the same blue and gold Tyr.

“Hey, yeah,” I replied.

He jumped in and dunked his head under. As he stood he reached over with his right hand. “I’m Joe,” he said. “We might as well know who each other is.”

“Ryan,” I said back as I shook his hand.

“Yes, Ryan, I know” he said. “I follow you on the swim team. You are quite the swimmer.”

“Thanks” I said. “Its rare to meet someone who follows swimming.” I was really flattered.

He pushed off for his swim and I was back into my workout. My goal was to swim as long as he did, not non-stop, but I wanted to stay in the pool as long as him. At ninety minutes I pushed off for a set of arm drills. As I wrapped up the second 50 meters, I saw Joe glide to the wall and stand. I did a flip turn and watched him as I pushed off. He stood there. At the end of that 50, he was still standing by the wall, stretching. I stretched my reach and glided to the wall and stood.

“Calling it a morning,” I said as I stood.

“I love watching you swim” he said. “Don’t worry, I am not some freak, I just enjoy the art of the sport.”

“That’s so funny, Joe” I said in reply, “I really am impressed by how smooth you are in the water, seriously.” He smiled back.

We both lifted ourselves out of the pool. It was almost 7 am and I was suppose to meet Zach in half an hour. I could not believe how fit this guy was, I was guessing his age in my mind. I had this weird feeling. I wasn’t sexually turned on to him, I just admired how amazing he looked. I knew he had a really interesting story, if only I could figure out how to learn it. We must have looked like grandfather and son, two age diverse guys leaving an incredible swim workout, dripping wet with our brief suits clinging to our anatomy.

“You want to do the spa?” Joe asked. “It’s the best part of the swim.”

I was not at all ready for that. “No,’ I replied, “I am really pressed for time.”

“Okay” Joe said back. “See you here tomorrow?”

“Yeah,” I said as I headed to the door. I could not believe I just did that. Inside I was kicking myself. I got to the door and turned back to see Joe stepping into the spa. He looked at me and smiled, just as I started to pull the door.

“I decided that I could spare five minutes or so” I said as I stepped in the spa.

“I am guessing you don’t do this” Joe said. “Once you start you always will.”

I have to admit it felt awesome. Now I know why coach never let us do this, we’d never get out. We chatted for a solid fifteen minutes, which really was going to mess up breakfast.

+++++++

Zach was already in the food court when I showed up, five minutes late. My hair was still wet and uncombed, my shirt was haphazardly tucked in my shorts. In short I looked like any college guy who rolled out of bed, showered and showed up in the course of five minutes.

“I got my straight guy look on” I said as Zach stared at my messed up hair. It was the perfect ice breaker. He moved past pissed off to humorous instantly.

“You look like you just got laid”

“Really?” I said. “It sure felt good, too.” None of which was truth.

We both loaded our plates in the buffet line. Zach had the appetite of a 400 pounder. I did to, but at least I swam.

“Dude, you gotta ease up” I said as he piled on three scoops of eggs. “you won’t look good in your Speedo with a potbelly.”

“Rub it in” Zach said back. “Fat or not I can still kick you ass in the pool.” And so the male banter began. Orientation aside, we are still guys.

“So, Joe is a diver from back in the day” I said to Zach as I explained out hot tub conversation. “He must have been good, he dove through college.” I paused to eat some fried potatoes. “He knows who we both are and very stat about us. Said he comes to some meets, mostly to see the divers.”

Zach patiently listened as I carried on for five minutes.

“I still think you your all hot for this guy” Zach said after. “I mean listen to you.”

“Not that way, dude” I answered. “Seriously”

Zach smiled, gave me his “not sure I buy it” look.

“Zach,” I said, “if you knew how old this guy is and how f…ing awesome he looks in a Tyr suit….” I faded. “You and I should look this hot at his age.

“So how old is this guy?” he asked.

“Just proved you're never too old too look hot…” I started my reply. I was amazed at Joe's age.

To be continued ... let me know what you think

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 09-29-2012 at 11:10 PM.