View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 12:39 PM

Default Part LXIX

Part LXIX

I acquired this compression A shirt and the semi-matching compression shorts a long time ago, maybe as early as the late 1980s. Technically, nowadays, a setup like this would be a called wrestling doublet. This was my first "exposure" to compression gear, and they fit me then really snug and tight. At that point in time manufacturers were very much still experimenting with exactly how to make compression gear but they did very well on these. Somehow I was instantly hooked, so to speak. Interestingly, over the years they have held up really well. As shown in this very recent picture, They still fit me and still fit snug, smooth and tight.

http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/for...6&d=1578488845

On a typical day I spend about an hour on rowing machines of two different designs, another half hour on the bike, but just a few minutes on the weights part. Been doing this nearly every day for well over 30 years. I just recently turned 72.

For a topnotch experience, I suggest strapping yourself in with an old school strap first. I am very fond of being fully strapped in when I am exercising and I like to put the strap on over an undersized pair of tighty whiteys instead of the strap alone in part because of the butt padding I get from them when I am stationary rowing and bike riding in my home gym.

I know a lot of guys have trouble keeping up a steady exercise program. Interestingly, many of the guys who like to wear swim briefs seem to have a more consistent interest in swimming as exercise than the guys who do not.

Maybe part of the secret to maintaining yourself is in finding gear to wear that you enjoy wearing while you are working out. I was just watching the reporting on a big swim meet where several high schools were competing. Everyone was in somber black gear, some in jammers and maybe 30% of the guys (3 of 10 swimmers in one particular race) in a somber but snug black swim brief. Interestingly the guys who came in first and second in the race I saw were two of the three guys in the race wearing the briefs! Part of what is contributing to the increased popularity of swim briefs at the high school levels is that word has gotten out that this is what the fastest swimmers at the meet wear.

For a topnotch experience in a number of different respects, I suggest strapping yourself in with an old school strap first. I am very fond of being fully strapped in when I am exercising and I like to put the strap on over an undersized pair of tighty whiteys instead of the strap alone in part because of the butt padding I get from them when I am stationary rowing and bike riding in my home gym.

Now I fully realize that no two guys are exactly alike, and what I particularly enjoy doing to and with myself might not necessarily work the same way for each of you. I can only suggest based on what has worked for me over a period of over 30 years.

So, what I am suggesting is that each of you seek out the specific gear items that you believe you might enjoy wearing as you work out, and not only will you enjoy yourself more, you might just look for opportunities to wear the gear, meaning that you will keep at it a stronger and more consistent exercise program. The guys wearing the briefs are the most serious swimmers, but a similar idea works for other forms of exercise as well.

To be continued…