View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Speedo Member

I had to smile when I read your statement "A jock strap is a necessary item for healthy men when in very active sports." in your last post swim suit eddie.
You don't seem to realise that the jockstrap as an item of mens athletic wear has never been adopted outside North America. In Australia where I live male athletes and footballers just wear everyday underwear. Up until a few years ago that was briefs now those things they call trunks.
I first discovered jock straps from the film "revenge of the nerds" when the nerds mixed hot sauce on the footballers jock straps. I was about 14 when I first saw that film and I already liked wearing small and snug briefs. In the film you don't see anyone wearing one so I wasn't sure even how it was worn but It was small and strappy and I wanted to know more.
Unfortunately this was before the internet and Australian sports stores did not sell them at all. They were simply unobtainable and all my interest was directed towards swim briefs which were very dominant swimwear in the late eighties. To this day department stores in Australia have never sold them or men worn them so they can't be that necessary.

Last edited by Fairfax : 12-22-2019 at 12:12 PM.