Thread: Thongs
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 PM

The Speedo thong shown above is a swim thong as opposed to a fashion or underwear thong. A swim thong is made from the same fabrics as the manufacturers other brief swimwear eg Lycra, the stitching should be done on the same machines as their other products and look similar.
A swim thong should have waist elastic and also leg elastic, so there should be 2 strips of elastic and the rear fabric running through the ass crack. A swim thong should have a pouch front (created by sewing 2 front panels together along a convex curve), you will need a little more space at the front of the thong than a smooth front would allow.
A swim thong should stay on when you are swimming in a pool or even a quite rough sea, but as with other speedos you would need a waist cord to tie if you intend to dive.
It actually feels good to swim in the sea in a thong, you are kept in a skin tight pouch at the front while the water flows over you at the back. I once went to the beach near Sandwich in Kent with a friend, I arrived in shorts and stripped down to speedos before going into the sea. Coming back to the beach I stripped off my wet speedos and put on a dry bikini, next time I swam I took off my wet bikini and put on a dry swim thong. It was fun watching the reaction of the friend.