View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 07:25 PM

Default Female attitudes, or lack of, about speedos

I know this was covered, to some degree, already. But, here's my take. In my opinion, if you take a female in form fitting jeans and a tucked in shirt, and put her in a bikini, the only major difference is seeing more skin. The overall shape remains the same, just more defined. Take a guy in pants and a tucked in shirt, and the crotch area is generally flat, and non descript. Put him in speedos and suddenly you not only see a clear bulge, but you see definite outlines of that area that are not usually seen. So, it is my "opinion" that women in bikinis is not the same as guys in speedos. So, for me, the fact that guys wear these tiny, revealing speedos on even high school and college swim teams, says that females...especially at that age of raging hormones, are basically oblivious to seeing guys in something so revealing. So, on one hand, it's a thrill to wear speedos, but on the other, on some level its very apparent to me that we can basically be in tiny, revealing underwear in front of females and they just don't care. In other words, a massive double standard exists where females can wear skimpy bikinis and even the cleanest cut of guys notices, but guys can wear what is basically lycra bikini underwear, and the very fact that it's allowed in high schools and colleges says it's no big deal because it's obviously not at all sexual to women.
Just look at any swim team photos, and you see guys parading around in utterly revealing swimsuits in front of female timekeepers, teammates and those in the bleachers. I guess I'm just always amazed that it's not considered more sexual than it is.....especially at ages where hormones are supposedly raging. I remember talking about speedos with a friend of mine in college (she was 18, and a swimmer), and she said "eh, no big deal". So, first I became convinced that females are indifferent to guys wearing something as revealing as speedos. But then come the other "attitudes". Indifference is the biggest. But beyond that, there are those females who find speedos gross, or hysterically funny. A girl (swimmer, then 18) I actually dated in college once confessed, when I steered the conversation around guys wearing speedos, that she and her female teammates secretly laughed at the guys on their team wearing them, no matter how in shape they were. I already figured she was in the "indifferent" category, but this shocked me. Switch channels to a YM magazine that came across my radar at some point, featuring an article on the old movie, Swimfan. The author was female. To paraphrase, at one point she wrote, "...it was the one day of filming where guys weren't in their speedos (don't get grossed out, girls, it's for their roles)". Here an author felt she had to apologize for even mentioning speedos to a young female audience. And I could give dozens of examples of comments like this, from females, be they from conversations I overheard, comments I've seen online, and comments I've read in articles. And, as "sort" of an aside, did you ever notice that when you see an accidental groin hit on any video clips comedy show, watch the females in the background. Even if the female is the one who accidentally hit a ball (or whatever) to a guy's groin, it's always an immense cause for an abrupt roar of laughter from them when it happens. Some say it's a reaction of embarrassment. But, in the context of their attitudes on speedos, and given that these clips include women of all ages...who, no matter how hard the guy got it, cover their mouths with uncontrollable laughter, I'm convinced they also find our sexuality funny.
I could write a book on this, but it is my opinion that women are largely oblivious to even the cutest, most in shape guys in speedos (specifically oblivious to the bulge), and those who are not oblivious are disgusted by speedos, or think they are just the funniest thing , ever. All of my opinions are predicated on the assumption that we're talking about in shape guys, mostly on teams, and not arrogant, "hey baby" types.
They say women just aren't as visual. I think that's very unfortunate. I could explain my point with far more examples, and such. But I'll quit, here.