Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
Maybe even an “old school” jock strap, though that may be pushing it just a bit.

The recent increased popularity of skinny jeans has perhaps set off a host of changes not only what many guys ordinarily wear as jeans, but also possible change is what guys ordinarily wear UNDER their new jeans.

Sebbie, that isn’t pushing it, even a little bit.

Back when old school jockstraps were still common, I don’t think wearing one under jeans was that unusual. My college roommate started wearing one daily under his Levi 501s midway thru our sophomore year. Of course, that inspired me to give them a try, too. I wore one daily for about 6 months, but that eventually evolved into only doing it on days when I rode my bike to school.

The jock kept everything centered in my Levi’s, preventing “snake down the leg”, while presenting a nice package. Wearing a jock made me feel quite studly and well protected. But I wasn’t into hearing the “Are you wearing a jock? Why?” comments when the waistband accidentally popped over the top of my jeans when I bent over.

I knew another guy who grew up on a ranch and wore a jock under his Lee Wranglers while working the spread. (in Colorado, farmers and ranchers wear Lees and scoff at Levi guys as being city kids).

More recently fashion jock straps have become common, probably at least in part because of the trend towards skinny jeans.