View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Haven't been here in a while, but I'd thought I'd chime in on this one.

At one of our public indoor pools, both our change room and showers are one large open area. Really, no place to hide. So you have to be comfortable being seen in the buff. The odd time, you get a guy changing with a towel around his waist or suit on in the shower area. Most of us swimmers have known each other or a long time. We're not worried about modesty at all and are comfortable being nude. It's not unusual for two or three of us to be just standing around in the nude, chatting it up.

My routine usually includes getting undressed, shaving at the sink naked, throwing my Speedo on and heading to the pool to do my mile.

Afterwards, it's a shower and depending on who else is there, some quick manscaping. Most of us have shaved pubes and sacs and are okay if one trims or shaves. If there are newbies in the showers, we will usually refrain or wait until they are done and gone out of respect. Nobody has ever complained. You can expect the odd woody every once in a while and the other guys don't notice or care, no worries. Or one will center you out and make sure everyone else knows and you get a ribbing. I got a chubby once and one of the older guys joked about not having 'one of those' in 25 years and if he could, he'd be flaunting it too!

So as you can see, we are pretty open with locker nudity. I also think of it as a great bonding experience. Maybe it's just the way my generation, and older, were brought up. I don't think I have ever covered up in my lifetime.